Short focal length of Wyze Cam Outdoor

I have several V2 & Pan cameras which deliver crisp images. I just purchased an Outdoor and everything beyond 6ft (2M) seems to be out of focus making it useless for bird species identification or even facial recognition. I have tried several different mounting locations that have no objects closer than 10ft(3M) without any improvement.
Are there any settings I can change to correct/improve?

Welcome to the forums! There are no focus settings in app as the lens is fixed. Has the camera always been this way? Did something happen when the camera became out of focus? Fall, bumped hard? Is the lens loose at all? This seems like a hardware shortfall and I’d say the best is to contact Support and let them know because what you have is not normal. When did you buy the camera?

I’ve had good luck with the support phone number. Most I’ve had to wait was maybe 20 mins on hold.

Here is the phone number:
Wyze Support by phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Thank You for your response and accurate prediction of 20 minutes waiting on hold.
The total transaction took another 25 minutes while we went over what had been tried and the results.
Today (on the 19th day) I received a replacement “expansion” camera and quickly had it working.
Overall, I would rate the process high and will very likely be expanding my WYZE inventory.

3 Likes