Service Advisory - 1/17/2024

Wyze needs to take responsibility for this firmware update, a sorry does not suffice for such a screw up. Also lose the “update firmware warnings”, they are completely useless and now destroyed all of our cameras.
I lost connectivity to my remote cameras at our cottage as well as our primary house. If i get some suggestion to erase and add cameras, that is not happening, they are being taken down and thrown out. Im not doing that every update the team decides to release without properly testing.

How does wyze aim to promote their paid services with failures like this ?
We think old school cctv wired cameras suck, but they are still working decades.

2 Likes

Wyze is a great, innovative company… at an affordable price! the bugs ive been experiencing have been update related, but my bugs are really with having to use tinycam to view multiple cams in landscape mode; seems like Wyze should get multiple viewing options like tinycam, then we could stay loyal to Wyze without using tinycam : )

1 Like

1/17/24 10:47 AM PT - We are continuing to investigate the outage causing live stream and connectivity issues, missing Rules and triggers, and error code 67 for some customers. Due to the connectivity problems, it would be helpful and appreciated if affected customers with microSD cards and ability to read the card on a computer could send us microSD card logs from their affected cameras. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience. Here are the log instructions:

MicroSD Log Collection Instructions

When the device shows offline, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two “ding” sounds usually within 30 seconds.On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log that you can access with a computer. The files are named xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

3 Likes

I have 8 cameras and all of them updated this morning. Now, none of them will connect to the internet. Hoping the issue gets resolved or the cameras will be going in the trash. I started purchasing my cams in 2019 and have never had this issue.

2 Likes

Only one issue since 2019? Consider yourself a lucky one :sweat_smile:

I’ve got 16 cameras all spanning as old as 2019 as well and as new as 2023; unfortunately, I see issues at least quarterly. You kind of get used to it. One might think I’m pot committed, but I’m beginning to reconsider :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

They still record events and have ip addresses from your local network. Live view is not working and playback. Say offline but they are still recording to SD card and to AWS cloud events.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue with my outdoor V2 today. I wish I’d known this was a general problem, not confined to me!

I’ve rebooted, reconnected, retested, done hard resets. My base station & cam still show offline. The app is not able to stream. They were working fine yesterday and last night.

I’m at least glad I came here & found this out. Wish WYZE would send us an email when stuff happens! Would have saved me a lot of frustration all morning. I was on the verge – but did not – of deleting my cam from the app in order to re-add it. But remembering some sort of warning about that, came here instead.

Guess I will just wait to hear about a fix instead of rebooting everything repeatedly.

2 Likes

Yeah I started removing devices, honestly this has been handled terribly.

You must be inline to become a forum maven? :rofl:

I think this is by far the worst, there have been many other issues. But none as severe to disconnect, fail to connect etc.
We had Arlo before which had some benefits being battery powered etc, but they updated themselves into the trash as well.

Using a smart plug is a smart idea.
“Okay Google, restart the cameras” :grinning:

Update to what I posted below:

1. At all costs if you have a working camera stream do not reboot the camera or your router.
  2. It is good that Wyze has pulled all Firmware Updates for the cameras, this is because a Firmware Update triggers an automatic reboot.
  3. Rebooting any camera regardless of the Firmware Version gives you about a 50/50 chance of the camera connecting with Wyze’s servers.
  4. I appears that if you just leave your camera powered on, over the course of today Jan 17, 2024 it appears that after a few hours your camera will just reconnect all on its own.
  5. This appears like a server configuration issue on Wyze’s end, best to hang on as most of my 27 camera’s that rebooted due to a firmware update are slowing coming back online. Update: at 3:55MDT all 27 of my camera’s are back on line.
  6. All camera’s (regardless of the firmware version), that were powered up during this server side outage continued to record to their Sim memory cards. The only missing time I found was for the camera’s that did do a firmware update, the missing time gap was about 2 minutes. What was lost today were realtime app notifications of events the camera saw, such as motion, people, pets, etc.

—historical posting information below-----
I noticed that on the Firmware Update app page the following versions are no longer available:

• 4.9.9.3006 January 16, 2024 for Wyze Cam V2 - this version is no longer availabe as an update (My advice is to stick to 4.9.9.2847 and not upgrade - this version continues to work fine if you don’t power cycle it - if you do expect blinking blue light with a periodic stuttler). Expect after the upgrade to not be able to connect to the camera from the App. Blinking blue light on back even after power cycling.

• 4,49.11.8391 January 16, 2024 for Wyze Pan Cam V2 - the version is no longer available as an update (My advice is not to upgrade, I’m sorry I don’t know the previous working version ). This version was unavailable for viewing via the app for about 5 hours and then just magically started streaming again.

• 4.36.11.8391 January 16, 2024 for Wyze Cam V3 - this version is no longer available as an update. (My advice is to stick to 4.36.11.7095 the older version and not upgrade - this older version continues to work fine). It should be noted that 5/6 of the upgraded cameras do not stream, but 1 upgraded camera does appear to work fine.

I would be really nice if Wyze was just transparent and up front. Admit that they have problems with these 3 firmware updates and their related products. It is that they have yanked these updates from their Firmware Update list, as it appears that the root cause is actually a server side issue. The Fireware Update triggers it because it causes a reboot of the camera. What I’m finding is that rebooting any version of the camera software causes about 50/50 chance that the camera can not be contacted by the app to view its live or SimCard historic stream.

I have 27 Wyze cameras across my home and business of (V2 Cams, V3 Cams, Pan Cams, Outdoor Cams - not to name Watches, Earbuds etc). I’ve learned my lesson over time: (1) Wyze can’t be trusted to test their firmware on day one of a release. (2) Wait for a few weeks before upgrading to new firmware - so take note of the release date. (3) Don’t allow automatic Wyze firmware updates - unfortunately you will same yourself grief by doing the upgrades one by one, day by day checking checking if all is well.

4 Likes

Not sure if something was just done or just a coincidence…
The camera thats been down the longest and could never connect via andoid or iOS app has just connected…Lets see how long it will stay on :smiling_face_with_tear:

What is even more frustrating is that I am currently getting alerts for People in my backyard but NONE of my cameras are allowing me to view the Live feed. I’m just getting the ‘Your device has lost its connection’ error. Why are the notifications working but all of the live feeds are broken??

It would seem at least for me, there has been some level of improvement All of my V3 cameras are now back online in the app as of about 5 minutes ago. 14 out of 15 cameras in two different locations. Only my lone V2 is still showing with an error 90

1 Like

Sounds like a camera restart could initiate the problem. During a firmware upgrade, the camera restarts at least once.

2 Likes

everyone should stop using Wyze. Make this incompetence HURT them hard. The only way to get any results in this world is to make it financially painful. Switch to a different camera manufacturer, that’s the only way to show Wyze how their incompetence in support will affect their bottom line. I will NEVER buy another Wyze product, and I am taking steps to get rid of the ones I have.

From another thread:

1 Like

I got a feeling that ebay is about to be flooded with people who try to unload theses garbage cams

2 Likes

how does that help the THOUSANDS of us with NON-FUNCTIONAL cameras now? not to mention how your “blame game” keeps changing what you say is wrong. Your ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM IS [Mod Edit]. You need to stop blaming random things and FIX YOUR [Mod Edit].

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.