SD Card Stolen

Seems that way :grimacing:

1 Like

It is an inside cam happened sometime between this weekend or last. That is why I am more freaked out. The only thing I can think of is if they unplugged it and removed it I have it facing outside the window majority of time. I only pan to check on my dog. This is kind of scaring me I went through all my SD cards hoping there was data and just thinking I grabbed the card for some reason but two things. 1. The SD card inside my Wyze cam was a high endurance white samsung micro sd card and 2. none of my other SD cards have any Wyze data on them. I checked.

That is why I was hoping Wyze would have the data of the removal of the card.

Unfortunately WYZE will not have the data of the removal of the SD card

1 Like

I believe you meant the date of SD card removal?

You might want to talk to Wyze. There is an internal log inside the camera. I’m assuming that log includes the times when the SD card was written to. The last write entry should give you a rough idea when it was stolen.

That log gets uploaded to the Wyze servers when you report a software issue.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for taking the time to view and respond to this, This seems like a very active and helpful community.

Using the events tab and looking at cloud stored data I was able to solve this mystery. Someone did in fact remove the SD card from my Wyze. I since have spoken to the person and retrieved the card.

Wyze, please make this a feature in the future. The camera already makes sounds upon removal and inserting a micro sd card. The sound I believe is different for the actions so the camera knows what is happening. If not as an alert this should at the very least be stored in the logs somewhere. Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Thanks HDRock. I mean it said “No SD Card for playback” or something along those lines. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Qlang,

I was thinking the same thing somewhere in the internal logs is the time of SD card removal. At least that gives me something to work with. Luckily, the culprit was not smart enough to unplug the camera.

You have a bigger problem than losing an SD card. You’re keeping the wrong friends :grin:

3 Likes

A drop of glue might prevent this from happening again. If the card goes bad, it was only a $20 camera.

1 Like

If they can steal the SD card, they can steal the camera and download the SD files.

Glad you found it. What was the story there, out of curiosity? Haha.

I just searched the wishlist section, and there’s an entry for this, although it only has 1 vote. (Now 2.) I agree this would be a useful feature, with your situation being a case-in-point. Seems super simple to implement, too. Be sure to click “vote” on the thread below, if you’d like to see Wyze add this feature.

Because maybe he didn’t want to arouse suspicion, but wanted to remove some incriminating evidence. Which is why he should check the cloud recordings.

1 Like

Video? :rofl:

Long story short little kids need micro SD cards for their Nintendo Switches.

2 Likes

:joy::rofl:

Borrowing the card from the cam was much faster than waiting to buy one. I can understand that. Lol :laughing: