Schedules for light strip

Anyone having trouble setting up a schedule for their light strip. I am trying to program on and off times however I have to manually turn it on but will shut off automatically. What am I doing wrong?

Can you post a picture of your rules for us to look at and provide assistance.

1 Like

I actually just had an issue similar. It was on a strip that I had just set up and I saw recently that a maven had a somewhat similar issue to mine and we both solved it with the same solution. This will work as at least your first test. If it doesn’t work it only took 10 to 15 seconds out of your day.

Simply unplug it. Unplug it for about 15 seconds and plug it back in and then try your setup with the rules again. Mine wouldn’t react to any rules or schedules and after I did that they immediately began working.

I don’t know what would cause something so simple especially considering I had just set the strip up but give that a shot and let us know if it works. If nothing else it’s quick and we can go from there

3 Likes

Here is a screenshot. Thank You.

I see the issue, remove the “Light Strip 1 Off” Action.

This is not needed as the light will turn off at the end time.

Many others have done the same thing, so you are in good company. :slight_smile:

Also, as @Bam indicated, some have had issues with Rules, related to the light strip, after the last update. Unplugging the power for about 15 seconds fixes that issue.

In your case the Turn Off Action is not appropriate in the Rule.

4 Likes

Thank you I will try that and let you know how I make out.

2 Likes

That worked! Thank you!

1 Like

Glad it worked for you. :+1: