Rotate image in 90° increments

Add me to that list!

I have several locations I have placed a camera for example on the side of my home where if I had an option to rotate the image in 90 degree increments I could cover the entire side of the house and not the side of my house or my neighbors back yard. Just a thought.

1 Like

@email.carl.slaughter For your vote to count, make sure to tap VOTE at the top-left of the thread.

Is there a way to rotate the image 90 degrees v 180? 180 is great if you’re hanging it upside down, but 90 is more versatile with various mounting limitations.

Honestly that is a short sighted and pretty lame excuse, particularly when there is only a mobile app supported, which is in the vertical position 90% of the time. I have one for the front door so I can see who is at the door, and at 90 degrees I can see them come down the walkway. If it’s in the horizontal position I’m picking up people walking dogs, EVERY car that drives by, etc.
I have another that keeps an eye on the side of my house. In the 90 degree position I have a good clean shot straight down the alley between our houses. In the horizontal position I lose almost half of the area and I have to put it much higher and further away. Then it doesn’t pick up motion nearly as well, and at the back of the alley it’s almost impossible to make out a person’s face.

This has been my #1 complaint about the platform for years.

Same here. With so many bug fixes and new products, one would think the 90 degrees option would be included in such projects and re-development efforts.

If and when Wyze does come out with it, it will be marketed like its gold, a cutting edge feature, and another “wow” moment for Wyze.

In reality, aka “the real world”, to the existing camera customers its just a feature that all other cameras and devices do normally.

They probably won’t ever get it but we can dream or just use camera sideways (without using as face or person alerts).

My alert zone is so narrow and small that the app doesn’t let me make it any smaller AND yet it has so many false alerts. Mostly lighting changes of sun, clouds, car lights, sun glares, etc. My Wyze cams continue to be a gimmick tool for me since day 1.

Paying monthly extra for more video captures(99% false garbage) is a waste of my broadband data usage off my hot spot AND Wyze storage(at their dime).

I have to agree, 90 degrees option is required. Just purchased Wyze cam 3 and have a problem :man_facepalming:t2:image

I see a bigger problem than the 90 degree rotation and it is for the bank account of the Mini owner. They are owned by Bring My Wallet. As an old mechanic who has begrudgingly worked on these POS, after they are 7 years old, my advice is to sell it. Run as fast as you can after the sale. Our SnapOn tool truck driver goes to a lot of auto dealerships on his routes. The techs at the local multi-badge Euro dealership say when someone trades in a Mini they never buy another Mini.

But that is the issue with a lot of these companies, the wow factor of using this system does not force you to have a subscription unlike others. So while there is a chance of a feature request, would like it implemented :slight_smile:

I think what we are seeing is a company on the way down trying to find it’s way up to a $kazillion IPO. They are spending so much of their resource on products that few of us cared about when we bought the camera (that created their high profile) that they don’t care about their base customers. Vacuum cleaners?! Really??
This is such a simple fix and they don’t even have enough concern for their customers to respond to our plethora of repeated questions: what’s so hard?
This is not a recipe for success.
Watch for the flames.

Work around is to just turn and when viewing on phone look at sideways or fit to screen, level phone like placing on table, and turn slowly 90° keeping phone level to ground.

Looks like this feature has been requested for some three years without getting any love from the programmers. I voted for it, but just wanted to leave my two cents here as well. My camera is above the front door (so ill-intentioned kids cannot easily reach it) and I would love a rotate-90-degree feature so the view would be of the entire walkway instead of just someone’s feet showing up until they approach the door…

It would be great idea to add a new feature of rotating image to +90 or -90 (270) degree.

I wanted to install two wyze cams on two outdoor side walls but the current settings allow only 180 degree rotation.

I am sure that, adding this feature would help many customers.

1 Like

This has been asked for many times. But I do support it. You might want to add you vote the to wish list.

This is getting ridiculous. I can’t believe this is not done yet. I really hope they do something about it. 90 degree rotation is a must for me on my front door.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

I really need a 90 degree option. I am using a wzye camera to monitor a hallway. Half of my window is the left and right hall and limited to what is close. With 90 degrees I would be able to angle it downward to see directly in front of camera and still see at a distance.

They are doing exactly this with their doorbell camera, it is not a technical challenge, it is simple implementation.

Don’t think Wyze will do as Wyze more interested in new products than solving this 3 yr old request.

I just have a cam turned and I am use to seeing the images sideways.

1 Like

I have it mounted at a 90 degree angle and it was fine for me.
Would have been better if it were a setting though.

Has anyone checked person detection when mounted at a 90 degree angle. Does it still work? I’m want to set it up between houses and don’t want to detect leaves or animals.

I don’t have Cam plus on that camera but motion detection works