Review Geek (Whomever that is) No Longer Recommends Wyze

1 Like

To my understanding, this is related to the “V1 security issue”, which I think required the end user to do something abnormal… like manually opening a port or some such.

Wyze prolly made an decision to “not worry about it”. If instead, they had come out and said “WE HAVE A SECURITY ISSUE”… that could have been a business-impacting major headline, rather than the unlikely actual issue, which I think involved someone having the capability to view files on your microSD card.

Anyway, correct me if I am wrong hide

1 Like

The “incident” with the v1, which imo was very exaggerated by the media, happened a while ago, and since then, review geek has still recommended Wyze…

1 Like

Just was in my news feed on Android…

Yeah, that article came out as a result of the Eufy Snafu. They just needed more slobber to fill an article post so they dug up the closest IoT skeleton they could find… the V1. How timely of them.

1 Like

This was my initial reaction at reading this article several days ago:

And Customer concluded the same thing:

I still think the Wyze issue is mostly a non-issue…in fact it is actually one of the most highly requested features we’ve all been begging for them to do on purpose for years (allow us to access videos on the SD card through our own secure local network). So I was more disappointed that they fixed it than finding out it existed. It’s not like a random stranger hacker in another country was able to access my video, only someone I allowed on my secure WiFi (myself) and only through complicated methods. so it’s was a non-issue IMO. Obviously reviewgeek felt the same because they kept recommending every Wyze product all year long. Now they’re going to punish Wyze for something Eufy did? Make that make sense…if anything it makes them look like they’re using click bait tactics for ratings from people who will just believe the headlines without knowing the context. I’m just saying that their timeline and actions in articles all year just don’t appear to match up with what they are saying in this article and it affects their credibility.

5 Likes