[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

Always something. All these companies suck.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen when will the issue be resolved?

All my devices disappeared from my phone as well :cry:.
Edit:
Mine is fixed now. Thank you for all your work! :blush:

1 Like

Chris1434,
That was the same torture they put me through the one (and only) time I ever called about contact sensors. I said I would NEVER do that again, that I would just pay another $20 for a new kit. That way I would get a shot at 2 more “different” sensors to try. I really like it when they arrive with a dead battery or one about to die.

1 Like

All cams turned off by Wyze!

Your company does not hesitate to push out notification of products … Try doing the same thing with notifications of issues like this … I just wasted a part of my life deleting and adding devices back to my Wyze app because I thought the malfunctions were on my end of things. Try actually communicating with customers when this kind of thing happens … it was not helpful that it has really clouded issues I started experiencing with NEW contact sensors showing low battery, do not know if I should believe it or not (especially since I went a bought a new battery, which also indicates “Low”) … really do not know if the battery is a problem because of ALL of the Other FALSE information being shown in the Wyze app … combined with me deleting and adding contact sensors back, rebooting cameras, rebooting wifi network trying to repair and troubleshoot issues YOUR company created and FAILED to inform customers … I had started to recommend you guys to other folks, I think that will cease based on these events.

7 Likes

They put out more chinese crap and never fix the old crap.

2 Likes

Now I’m getting an error code 07 unknown. Try again later.

Is this supposed to be fixed now? Mine are still showing offline. At least when my nest goes offline it doesn’t last half a friggin day!

1 Like

It is not fixed but spreading and getting worse.

Haha. I should have known. Thanks!

muerte33,
My sentiments exactly. It was either lack of concern for the customer, incompetence or both. None of those choices are a good look though. While they put a person’s name in the response, I think the first few replies back and forth are bots. I don’t believe a human could so poorly interpret what I wrote. Maybe on like the 3rd iteration, they actually send it to a person. It’s the only thing that made sense to me. They know (or should know) about how long these batteries last and they know they don’t work if the batteries die. Why in the world wouldn’t they just trash the old contact sensor inventory sitting on the shelves instead of sending them to customers who are already frustrated. Also, there isn’t enough alcohol or drugs to get me to a place where I understand how you can design a battery powered product that becomes useless when the battery dies. I mean, seriously, someone had to sit down and design this product and somehow thought that was okay. Can you imagine your smartphone doing that? Battery goes dead and phone will never connect to the cell towers or wi-fi antennas again. SMH

4 Likes

Just installed the thermostat and it immediately tried to update. Now it is offline and won’t come back on. Im going to be pissed if I need to swap everything back to the old thermostat so I can turn my heat on.

2 Likes

Pretty much the same here. 12/19 around 2:00 AM EST. Hope it gets resolved soon as I am tired of bumping into things in the dark. All of my hallway lights are motion triggered.

2 Likes

So how many are signing up for their home monitoring after this? I know I have a burst of confidence in them protecting my stuff for only $4.99 a month. From their email partially copied below - I think they should remove the word “great” and then I agree with it. They make technology accessible. It working reliably, weelllll, that’s a whole different discussion.

Wyze is famous for making great technology accessible to everyone

This might be our greatest accomplishment yet. Protecting the stuff you care about for only $4.99 a month.
Nobody else is even close.

Poll while we wait on this to get resolved and try to have a little fun while doing so.
Question : If you had Wyze Home Monitoring and this type of issue was occurring but you had plans to go out, would you:
A) Cancel your plans and stay home to protect your stuff
B) Go out as planned and hope no one breaks in
C) Anyone who signs up for Wyze Home Monitoring deserves to have their stuff stolen.

@dangell82,
You should have bought the Wyze thermostat kit that included the Wyze Snuggie (only $5.99). The Snuggie is for when Wyze is down. If you pre-ordered, the Wyze Snuggie was free.

6 Likes

Gwendolyn would respond but I am guessing their network is down, she got tired of defending incompetence or she remembered she has the Wyze Pet Feeder and rushed home to feed her pets. Not to worry, they have their entire IT staff working on it and both of them are going to focus on it until it is resolved. :grinning:

Discussion on Monday goes something like this:

Management : We had a major issue over the weekend that greatly impacted our customers.
Product development and Operations : We asked you if you wanted low cost or high quality and you picked low cost.

4 Likes

well, i’ve been trying to figure out the issue all day. Now one of my bridge doesn’t show up anymore after switching camera’s and trying to reconnect all the sensors. This type of outage should show up in the app.

1 Like

Yeah, my symptoms have been changing all day. Earlier I could not keep my cameras in an ‘on’ status in the app (although they appeared to be recording motion). The last time I checked I couldn’t keep them in a ‘off’ status.

It’s like a virus that keeps mutating.

3 Likes

It’s already back in the box, I’ve been waiting years for a smart thermostat but I couldn’t justify the price of a nest. I am beyond pissed off.

Can’t trust their devices and service after all looking at the current scenario. It’s of no use to buy the new. Home Monitoring Device of the service is like this. Just imagine there a person at ur place and Wyze device and service is down at that time . Will they compensate us

1 Like