[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

It’s been more then 12 hrs and still it’s not resolved, so imagine how their Home Security System will be

2 Likes

@dangell82 Watch ebay for an Emerson Sensei. You will be thrilled and they aren’t very expensive. I have 3 and they have worked flawlessly. Great features for the price.

1 Like

Well???

Another lemon company. The thought of a security camera for me is going away. I’m better off arming myself and keeping my eyes and ears open.

I love debugging. That’s what you pay for these days.

@jbmiller148,
There is so much IT development work that needs to be done, even the D- students are getting hired. They just throw out partially working code, let the users test it and partially fix it with each release while creating new bugs.

1 Like

Entry and motion sensors still not registering on the wyze app. Cameras an bulbs working fine. Not going to complain like other people and promote other products. I can wait patiently knowing the wyze staff will resolve this as soon as they can. It would be nice if the system goes down we could get a notification on our wyze app. We dont live in a perfect world

This is ridiculous.
Wyze sense was the entire reason why I bought anything wyze to begin with. In order to use it I had to get the v2 cam. Ok sure no problem I could find a use for it and that V2 works great when I feel like looking to see wtf my cat is doing. (So basically I never look at it and couldn’t tell you if it has issues or not really)
The wyze sense starter kit had a dead contact sensor out of the box and one of the 2 additional motion sensors that I purchased was defective.
They remain sitting in a drawer.
Like the true pain seeking moron I am,
I bought another sense starter kit, and a black cam (which is also monitoring my cat on another level) because I read online somewhere that the motion sensors needed to be closer to the bridge and I wanted to use in my basement. Well guess what, not only did the v3 cam pre-order start less than a week later but also…another dead contact sensor out of the box that wouldn’t even connect to either bridge.

Into the drawer that went with the others figured maybe I’d contact support one day but after reading how much help Wyze has been in this here commmunity I said to myself why bother for $20 worth of product. I’ll just buy new batteries for them and they will work right. HAHA, nope.

In between the two sense purchases I pre-order the doorbell and the vacuum, and dumb me pre-ordered the watch too. Thankfully I already have a great thermostat, a fantastic lock, don’t have any need for the sprinkler and they can pound sand with their monthly subscription home monitoring crap when they’ve all but abandoned the v1 sense in their own community forums.

Maybe the vacuum, doorbell and watch will
arrive and change my opinion about Wyze but, I’m done with this company for now.

At least I can watch my cat sleep.

5 Likes

I think you just described the Wyze IT department mission statement. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

5 Likes

The home monitoring will fail…they will send the cops and get you fined $500.00 each false alarm… Think about it!

$2000.00 a day in alarm fines for 5.00 a month.

4 Likes

:smile::smile::smile: true

@R_T Unfortunately it’s not just Wyze. Fidelity broke a setting about a year ago. You know, a setting. One of those things you set and then it works that way until you change it (like Language). Apparently Fidelity doesn’t think that’s what a setting is because this particular setting goes back to default (and a poor choice for default) every time you open the app. And this particular setting is like a Verizon phone that defaults to 3G instead of LTE or 5G every time you use it so you have to change this setting multiple times per day. Not to get off topic but the point is there is so much technology out there that much of it is crap and doesn’t work and I suspect it will only get worse. Also, people are being conditioned to live with it and non-functioning products are “normal”. Companies apologize for the inconvenience and promise they are fixing it so it won’t happen again, yada yada yada but in reality they are just conditioning us to get use to poorly designed, poorly developed and poorly supported products. I am sure there are those who disagree with me but I spent 36 years in development and know that high quality development is possible and where I worked, it was required. Now I wait for the “ok boomer” comments. :grin:

Also, the backers / VC’s to this company aren’t interested in selling Chinese trinkets forever. They also aren’t looking to build lasting customer relationships. They are looking for a buy out so they can go on to their next startup.

From July
Wyze Labs, Inc. has closed 15 million in financing led by Norwest Venture Partners, with participation from American Family Ventures, Marcy Venture Partners and Amino Capital.

The funding is in addition to the previous seed funding investment from iSeed ventures, and Series A Investment from Norwest Venture Partners.

@CapeCodTodd Yea, I will probably get banned for spouting truths. If they are “wyze” (see what I did there?), they would take the feedback and frustration and fix their fundamental flaws. If they get enough blowback (like a few MSM articles about their issues), their backers will insist they tighten up. Hard to sell a load of crap.

3 Likes

Same here …and now they’re censoring posts… :rage:

1 Like

That’s roughly how much time I spent in development as well (business applications, embedded systems and OS internals) . That’s why I know they are really ‘skimping’ when it comes to QA and regression testing.

Also agree with your assessment of the future - if Wyze is still around in 24 months I’ll be very surprised.

2 Likes

WYZE WHAT A DISASTER AGAIN >>> AND AGAIN>> AND AGAIN !
PLEASE STOP PROCESSING BACKLOGGED EVENTS ! . They are going to be coming in all night since the last received was early this morning . These very late event notifications are of no use to us now . PLEASE DELETE THE BACKLOG … I don’t need or want 8 hour late notifications. AND I don’t want them coming in while I am trying to sleep tonight .

5 Likes

They’re getting really annoying they’ve been happening all day notifications from hours ago…

Although recently they’re only about a half hour to an hour late… Maybe by sometime tomorrow or Monday It’ll work again or maybe it won’t… I’m definitely not holding my breath anymore

But nothing immediate… no sensors are firing alerts, no automations, no routines nothing…

I’m not really sure, but maybe they are growing too fast and need to slow down. My routine/notifications still not wokring

I’m beginning to think they’re never going to work again… I’m already researching replacement options from other companies.

1 Like

Have faith, things will get better!

My sense has not worked sence last night. This is frustrating.

@UserCustomerGwen any new updates?

Do you have any idea when? today? tomorrow? next week?
and when will it happen again?

This is getting to be an annoyingly regular occurrence…

1 Like