Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

I’m they are investigating, but I think it would be nice to hear something of an update this morning. Yesterday they stated the issue wasn’t “widespread” enough. Now obviously the few people in this thread are not their entire customer base, but it’s from a large enough cross section to safely assume the issue is widespread, or at least “spread” enough to give them something to go on.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean! I have talked these camers up so highly several of my co-workers ran out and purchased them. Now I want to hide from them . . . .

Add me to the list of people who are recently having remote connection issues with error code 0. After multiple tries, it will eventually connect but it’s been very very painful since Monday. And yes, I’ve tried logging off/on on the app, restarting the app, and restarting the camera when I was home. Reminds me of the issues that Wyze had few months back when they made changes to how traffic was being routed and firmware on the cameras had to be updated.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I found it and sent my logs. Hopefully it will help.

2 Likes

This is new info for me: “…or another Wi-Fi like at a Starbucks it works”. I assumed only authentication from one’s home wifi was all that was working. A further assumption was perhaps the authentication process might be local if all devices were on same Lan. Probably invalid. So its strictly a cellular issue.

I’m glad I could help.

They’ll get it fixed. But they’re really need to be more transparent about issues. Maybe a truthful service status on support page with regular updates when there is an issue.

2 Likes

Exactly, the silence is deafening and comes across as if they are hiding something. Though I’m a skeptic to a fault.

2 Likes

me too.

Lol. They arent likely hiding anything. Tech support guys usually swarm to an issue and immediately begin working it, unfortunately, they arent good at statusing :slight_smile: Developers on the other hand, develop. They arent particularly good at support. You need developers to develop, tech support to troubleshoot and resolve or escalate, and customer support to keep the users updated. Theyll get there.

2 Likes

Yes – I agree with all you’ve said.

Actually, I feel like I can relax and just wait, now that others have finally posted. I know I’m not alone, and it is not my equipment.

When I posted Monday night I got one response . . . “Mine are working”!!

Still today I have several cameras I cannot connect to.
They all are stuck at the point: “Getting video data… (3/3)” it doesn’t even end in error anymore.
Cameras are unresponsive.
I am on android BETA and all my cameras are up to date on firmware

I am posting this to hopefully ease some tensions and worry.

1 Like

I received a very similar email myself from Kyle @Marcin . Doesn’t really ease my feeling much though, as they both said they don’t know what’s going on.

I also found this link and I believe it would help Wyze if some of you guys could do it. I did it last night. It not only tests your network but connectivity to their network.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013592611

1 Like

This would only work from my home though, correct? As the instructional page states you must be on the same wifi as the camera. I could try it later at home, if it will help at all.

Have to be on the same WiFi and subnet as the camera yes. It send diagnostics of the camera and how it is connected.

My situation is they will no longer connect while I am on a cellular network but as soon as I switch to a wifi network (my home or any other wifi) it works

1 Like

Just curious, what cellular vendor do you use?

1 Like

that is the case for me for real. if I am on any wifi network and request a live view, no problem. turn off wife and phone goes to LTE…no connection

1 Like