Recording microSD card offline

My wyze cams v1 and v2 stopped recording when offline. Before the last update, they would record weeks while offline with no issues except the time might be slightly off. Is this an update flaw or something wrong with the cameras?

1 Like

Maybe this can help a little more. Some people have recorded issues recently if you search around the forums.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012139752-Can-I-use-Wyze-Cam-offline-

Thank you for the information that offline continuous recording doesn’t work. Offline continuous recording was working as recent as January 2019 and the recent updates it does not. Just need to know how to rollback/ remove the update and I’ll be fine not updating the v1 and v2 Wyze cam until they fix the programming.

You can try rolling the camera firmware back in the app. Go to “Device Settings” (gear icon at top right) while viewing the camera. Then go to “Device Info”, “Firmware Upgrade” and select “Have problem?”. You should see a list of firmware version you can revert to. If that doesn’t work, then see the following link.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022732931-Wyze-Cam-Firmware

1 Like

Thanks for the response. That option isn’t available for me to click on “having a problem”. However, I read to flash I need to download onto the microsd card the version I want and put the card in the camera. I’ll give that a shot.

1 Like

DPR,

Before posting my question I searched and found this recent post that is similar to my request. I’d like to use a WyzeCam to record camp site activity. I was planning on having a solar panel and 12V battery with a car USB adapter to power the WyzeCam. In this scenario there is no WiFi at any time. So the camera boots up without WiFi.

Questions: Does the WyzeCam have an internal real time clock? Is there any way I can configure the WyzeCam to automatically start recording to the SD card continuously at full resolution after bootup running firmware 4.9.4.28 or newer? If I load the older firmware will this work?

Thanks,

Frank

Yes, there is an internal clock, but I’m not sure your question can be answered at this time. There is currently a bug which causes the cameras to stop recording 1.5 hours after being disconnected from WiFi.

DPR,

Thanks for the response… The plan would be to configure a camera with continuous recording and set the date and time while on WiFi at home, unplug the camera and travel to the camp site (a day or so later) then plug it in and have it record with the correct timestamp.

This idea is not a deal breaker since I’m very happy with these cameras in my home environment. It’s just an interesting experiment I’d like to try once the bug is resolved.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,

Frank

Even without the offline recording bug, I don’t think the camera will retain the time when it’s been unplugged for a while.

Yeah, I didn’t think so either. But I wasn’t sure because I’ve never tried.

Apparently this bug is still not fixed. The latest firmware still fails to record when there is no wifi.

Did anyone ever figure out which version we need to rollback to?