Pepe' Le Pew & Friends

Very unsportsmanlike considering it is legal to hunt outside the preserve just 2 miles away, had a neighbor whom bow hunted and was caught by the patrol and fined $5k which he refused to pay.

The POA levied a lien on his property for the amount with interest until paid, which he did end up paying eventually. Most the members of the Property Owners Association know to go outside the preserve as they are true sportsman.

I never said I was a “true sportsman” but anyway I wouldn’t shoot a deer with a bow, too much work to chase them down. I prefer the white tail deer like these girls in the backyard at home in New York after they get a little bigger and fatter.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I have friends in TVL who vamoosed to Reno Friday or Saturday. The following is my speculation (with another friend) about their predicament. Any fire folk out there able to confirm or debunk my… bunk?

Yeah, it was 19% contained Saturday, and they lost ground Sunday, now 14%…

In 2007 they stopped it at one of the main highways (not the one that goes through town) which was about a mile away from the house he had on the canal. That neighborhood wasn’t wooded, like the one he’s in now.

From what I could tell from the previous coverage, when the fire comes into a populated area/town, the crews concentrate on preserving structures, which might be a big plus for them.

Plus the lake is a natural firebreak so they could just concentrate on quelling what’s headed at them - versus having also to tend to what’s behind them (unburned dry fuel getting set ablaze by floating embers)…

All of South Lake Tahoe in El Dorado county to Nevada border is under mandatory evacuation order now. The wildfire is now at Echo Lake and parts of Meyers.

I will be heading back to my property in the morning, hopefully I don’t have to evacuate again!

My area is still in evacuation warning, but my retreat to the valley has ran out of time, other reservations get to replace me…

I am in the North Western end of the wildfire and for now that seems to be under control, but the situation could change at any time.

Over 70,000 residents are evacuees now from El Dorado county.

1 Like

Thanks, @bryonhu, I hope things continue to break your way.

Gallows (pyre?) humor, anyone?

Of course, the air has been toxic for a while now. Early last week my buddy said the only time they were going outside… was to smoke.  image

1 Like

This was the night before I evacuated 8-17-2021, back home now :grinning:

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

1 Like

My sentiments exactly plus a few words I can’t post!

1 Like

Pretty good ongoing coverage here with a fair amount from the firefighters’ perspective:

And a portal into twitter coverage via CapRadio’s Scott Rodd:

https://twitter.com/SRodd_CPR

Please keep all your smoke up there, those of us who live to the SW of you do not want a repeat of last year. But stay safe and the critters too.

Sadly, I only control weather patterns over So Cal. Perhaps @bryonhu will step up. :slight_smile:

My Wyze Pan Turbo Fan is stuck to the South East after last firmware update, how do I fix it?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Turn the fan switch on to reverse. This was at 9:12 AM 9 September 2020 from my front yard. Stayed that way for about a month or more due to the the Napa County fires, Contra Costa County fires, Alameda County fires and the Santa Clara County fires. Depended which way the wind was blowing.

September 9 2020 9 12 AM

1 hout time laspe of Caldor fire smoke plume

1 Like

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/140721-animals-wildlife-wildfires-nation-forests-science

what_do_animals_do.pdf (536.1 KB)

2 Likes

Quite good, from Tuesday afternoon:

https://twitter.com/BrandonRittiman/status/1432829080148209667

Is it just me or do these fire crews seem highly competent? I can’t say I’ve followed a fire this closely before but still their peformance seems stellar. :clap:

Things were also generally looking under control in much of the the southwestern section of the complex, near where the blaze first ignited more than two weeks ago, Monday said. But crews were still working to connect containment lines there, after a small but fierce spot fire erupted yesterday on a ridge above Sly Park Road.

“Crews jumped on it and are taking care of business in there,” Monday said. “But please be aware that there’s still the opportunity for this fire to continue to spread.”  9/1

This in your neck of the woods, @bryonhu ? How you holding up?

Currently the closest spot fire is less than 14 miles away, but 3 miles away from the previous wildfire burn scar in 2014 known as the “King” fire that now has 7 years of growth and if ignited I will likely be evacuating again.

Almost time to close all the windows as the air quality is gong to shift soon due the diurnal wind shifts that switch back my way from evening until around noon tomorrow. Had an AQI this morning near 500, afternoon AQI was in the 30’s but now it is going back up and currently the AQI is nearing 60.

Keeping an eye on several websites, AQI at Purple Air

And fire satellites at CalTopo

This spot fire is concerning, viewed from my area

Nearest wildfire cam on this spot fire is Bald Mountain Cam

1 Like

Sobering.

The speed of recovery as represented in this graphic was a big surprise to me.

Oddly, it brought a lot of other things into focus. Disillusioning (in the best sense.)