Outdoor cam battery

Just got my outdoor cameras in. I could have sworn when I backed this it said you would get 2 (2600mah?)batteries for the camera.
Looks like a sealed unit and I don’t see a battery.

On a side note, our free small gift inside for being an early backer was a sticker? Wasn’t expecting much but my “gift” is advertising for Wyze? Pretty lame at the least.

There are 2 2600mah batteries sealed inside the unit. Those are the batteries it uses and they are non-replaceable (without taking it apart and voiding warranty)

1 Like

There was a “gift for the first 50,000 backers. All early backers get a sticker.
https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-outdoor-cam-first-50k-get-a-special-surprise/108412/94
I like the hat.

2 Likes

No one seemed to notice it but I think my West World GIF explains it.

5 Likes

Yes, 2x2600mah cells in a single battery pack.
I don’t know why WYZE chose to advertise the battery this way. It’s really a 5200mah battery pack. Whether it’s made up of 1 cell or 10 is irrelevant.

3 Likes

Is is two cylindrical lithium ion cells shrink wrapped together with soldered connections, or a lithium polymer battery?

2 Likes

It’s polymer.

Forgive me if this has been answered. The Outdoor Cam starter bundle listings show 2x batteries come with it. However, the battery in the camera seems like its not meant to be swapped. Is this for the hub and cam? or is this a typo. If its for the hub and cam… WHY? is it that important for the base station to have redundant power? I’d much rather have swappable batteries. Thanks!

1 Like

" 2x 2,600 mAh integrated rechargeable batteries" in this case means a 2 cell (7.4 volt output) battery. An image of the internal battery was posted here:
https://forums.wyze.com/t/outdoor-cam-battery/115825/6

1 Like

I’d think this could be worded MUCH better.

2 Likes

Yes it is a stupid way to word it. Who cares how many cells are in the battery pack?
It’s a 5200mah battery pack, that’s it.

2 Likes

Not to mention, it’s an off the shelf part. look up sonata 5300 battery… They kinda suck if they are using this design. Old cordless phone style batteries, but with extra wires for balance charging and temp sense. all these batts are gonna be max 50% life in a year

It’s marketing-speak just like saying on the packaging (in 2 places no less) that the system is wire free when it clearly isn’t. Notice the base station on the packaging doesn’t show the ethernet port and nowhere does the packaging say that an ethernet connection is required. Someone seeing “ethernet cable” on the packaging the way it is right now will assume that it’s for initial setup not that it’s a permanent requirement.
I think I’m done with this nonsense.

1 Like

Common sense… Maybe our virtue, NOT shared by Wyze employees charged with writing up manuals and advertising brochures.

I’m guessing that if Wyze isn’t already they are fast approaching being the kind of company where there are far more people employed in marketing and sales than there are in product design and engineering.

1 Like

Still vacancies in Support and QA

1 Like

I’m extremely familiar with the marketing [Mod Edit] vernacular. In my opinion, this goes beyond that, straight to misrepresentation. I mean one of the articles says wire free battery [Mod Edit], this is doubly funny, because firstly the battery isn’t even replaceable, and secondly, the battery isn’t wire free.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Not the same cells.
The Sonata 5300 is Lithium Ion cylindrical cells.
The WYZE pack is Lithium Polymer flat packs.

1 Like

Yes misrepresentation is pretty accurate. I’m wondering if there is somebody in the Wyze office right now muttering “I told you this was going to come back to bite us”.