Outdoor cam battery not charging

I bought two outdoor cameras at the same time. One of the batteries is not charging at all. I haven’t had it very long. Is it dead already? Anyone else having a very short battery life issue?

2 Likes

Hi @RandM and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:
Some battery have had problem. Best bet is to contact Live Support.

Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Please describe how you go about charging the battery.

My most successful routine is… turn the camera off. Connect it either to the base station or a USB outlet. Do not charge from a portable battery, do no leave the power on.

1 Like

I got on the phone with tech support and they suggested I turn off the camera while I charge it. That worked.
I had charged a couple of cams before and had not turned the cam off while doing so. But from now on, I’ll turn the cam off.

Thanks y’all

I am glad that this worked for you.

I would monitor the battery usage on the one you had to turn off.

I am seeing the same problem. I have a single outdoor cam and brought it in to charge when it hit 16%. I have tried a number of USB charges and the base station and it is still draining. I have tried turning it off but it still shows a video feed in the app.

One of my outdoor cameras does not hold a charge for more than a couple days. I’ve tried all the tricks from the forum and have also drastically limited it’s sensitivity but to no avail.
I believe I have a defective battery.

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday.

same here. 1 of my 2 outdoor cams just started having battery issues. Started ~ 30+ days ago, when first noticed i had to charge the one but not the other, and since then it went downhill fast. now it wont hold a charge for 1 day (and that’s fully charged all notifications off, facing a wall not far from base station)

The story I’m telling myself is either:
There’s a QC issue on batteries and I got an outlier in 1 of 2- I’ll need to replace them or the whole unit.
OR
If there is a halfway proven process to recondition batteries; I can try that to kick the can done the road.

time & support will tell.

Work with customer support. If you have it less than one year you can get a replacement.

So we’re not buying these, we’re renting them for a year. Nice.

An Overdue update:

A quick chat with Customer support, send a replacement unit, sent bad one back. - problem resolved
and my other outdoor cam is still going strong.
~ now you know.

Why wouldn’t you replace a problem unit?

Out of warranty. Is Wyze replacing them when they’re more than a year old?

1 Like

I recently needed to charge mine and it would charge for a little bit then say it was done but only got up to like 16% battery. I don’t understand why these cameras come with a charging cable but no way to appropriately power the cable. I was using the USB brick from my iphone. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it charged a little bit more but I can’t get it to charge to 100%. I wish they would include a proper power supply with the cable instead of assuming that people have a way to plug in a USB. Frustrating!

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m dealing with the same issue.
The outdoor battery won’t charge at all even though it keeps saying that the battery level is 100% & no sooner than I take it back outside to hang it again it was showing 15%, however I’ve done it so many times that now it’s showing that I’m at 0% battery, even though I charged it overnight, etc, but it’s continously draining.

It’s frustrating because I’m disabled & it literally takes me 3 hours each time I go back out to try to hang it.
I’ve even tried multiple chargers & cables, et, with the same results.

After the 3rd try, now, I’ll check it before going outside to only be disappointed yet again!

Welcome to the community @ lkracingusa Have you tried going into the “Device Info” and “Battery Usage” to see what’s causing the drain issue? If the cam charges up quickly, it may be a bad battery. Wyze solar panel?

I’ve tried all the steps as well have spoken with several of the Wyze support team.
The fact of the matter is, Wyze sent out several batches of these bad batteries issues & were well aware of it based on what I later discovered. Instead of Wyze being procative & replacing the camera, the staff kept asking me do the same repetitive steps for months that clearly weren’t working & they continued doing this & then eventually stated that the warranty period as they stated was over even though the issues were brought up several months well before the warranty replacement period expired.
What I do know is that Wyze has lost a very loyal customer, as well as having at least 10 others buying Wyze camera systems based on my recommendations.
Very disappointed in the games that were played in order not to replace the camera or repair it. Since I purchased the 3 pack bundle, I’m concerned about the other 2 cameras failing soon as well!

I am very disappointed that Wyze has forgotten about the people who took a chance on a no name company coming onto the market, but I guess they’ve out grown the loyal customer service they used to provide!