Operation failed playback sd card

Since last night I do not even have any events registered from 8:00 pm till 3:00 am and when I went through the entire continuous taping to check on my fathers activity throughout the night and I saw that he got up at 2:30 am. This is not good at all!!! Is anyone else having this issue now? Not only that we go through hoops to see, now even events are not registering on EVENTS!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for your input about other cameras. I’ve been looking into different ones to try since I’m tired of just hoping that my Wyze cameras work and having zero customer support. (I don’t think any of them have all worked consistently, at the same time, since some time last year)

1 Like

I have the same issue going on with my cameras from last night and into this morning. Hardly any events but when I go to my playback there are videos all throughout the night. Started about just after midnight and went until at least 6am. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Here are some night vision recordings from one of my Reolink Argus Ecos (yes, that’s a black bear who’s become a regular fixture around my home)…

To be continued because they were only allow me to post 2 links…

Part 2

This is just a quick capture from today during the daylight.

The Argus Eco is powered by a solar panel that charges its internal battery via a supplied USB cable. The camera connects to your home network via WiFi. I do have outdoor wireless access points, but if you have sufficient signal were you mount the camera from your indoor access points you should be fine.

To be continued yet again

Part III (and they have a limit on how fast I can reply, if they spent more time fixing their products and less time whining on their forums I think we might not even be here I need to be replying, but then again that assumes they actually care which given the problems listed here is questionable)…

This is a time-lapse video created over ~15 hours of a snowstorm in January 2022 on an Argus 2E. I was impressed that the battery lasted this long without any solar power to recharge it during the daylight hours; however, I can no longer recommend this specific camera for outdoor use because, while being rated for outdoor use and being covered to keep the unit out of direct contact with rain and snow, this unit has already been replaced twice under warranty. The Argus Evo where the videos came from above, is mounted 1’/30cm to the left of this Argus 2E and has NO cover and yet has survived two full winters including a couple of nights this winter where our temps were -10°F/-12.25°C.

The Bear was just providing a FREE moving service. I think you should get some new toys for it to play with. My brother had a Black Bear knock down his bird feeder 4 nights in a row so now he takes the seed container in at night if he remembers.

I get deer, no bear so far.

Here’s my observation of the video playback issue on V2 and V3 cameras.

I have multiple cameras in three locations on three different ISPs. I use IOS, up to date OS and Wyze app version, and I have been accepting firmware updates as Wyze pushes them out (that’s got to end!).

Right now no camera on my system will playback any video recorded in the last 3 months. If I pull the SD card, the video files are there, and playable, but…here’s a big one…any recorded video I tried to play via the app is over-written with a new clip datated at the time of the attempted viewing! In other words, you trash your recoded video just by trying to pay it.

I sent a ticket to Wyze. The first reply was all about how I can sign up for Cam + Lite, had nothing to do with my problem at all. I replied, complaining, and highlighting my problem in detail, just as I’ve done here. The next replay was detailed instructions on how to insert an SD card in the camera. Again, nothing to do with my issue. At all.

This is not the first time I’ve had issues with Wyze products, and especially Wyze support. I do have quite a number of Wyze products, and just bought the sprinker controller.

As to why Wyze has abandon users, pick your theory. I really don’t care why.

I hope anyone that figures this out posts the fix in detail. It’s going to be firmware or app or the combination of both. But right now, I consider my cameras live only, the only system of its type, and fairly useless.

The most productive posts in this thread at this point are alternative product suggestions and samples. Like the Bear. Please post more product details.

Where else can we go to rip them up with negative reviews? I know that the hype is so positive, it’s a lot to overcome, but I’d just feel better warning people that the whole Wyze program sucks.

1 Like

How about on their Facebook page. Maybe if we post on their wall asking them why are they not taking our problem seriously. Hopefully then they will reply

1 Like

The Apple app store seems to be one that they respond. Facebook, BBB, any social media.

1 Like

I too have Reolink and they actually work, as opposed to the 10 Wyze cameras I bought. I have replaced most of the Wyze, and the ones that remain are slow to respond, don’t send notifications most of the time or do somewhat after the fact, and have other problems. Tech service is a joke. Slowly, we are replacing the Wyze units, which we just toss.

1 Like

So changing the recording to continuous seems to ‘solve’ the issue for me, though not ideal. The downside is that I need to keep an eye on the SD card usage. Looks like you get about a week of recording on a 32 Gb chip.

That’s a work around, not a fix.

I send my support request to Wyze. I got back 3 totally stupid replies before someone finally actually read my request and then asked that I send the logs. I did.

Their support is just awful.

I just posted a new question on the Amazon page for cam 3, asking if there are any issues with iPhones. You might wanna jump on and reply. It’s one way to get the word out.

1 Like

I have 5 Wyze cameras and all have the same issue. I’m also using iOS as well. Is this one of those intentional feature to get more people sign-up to their subscription service?

1 Like

Moderator,

Have you heard any update on this? I know we passed some logs to you that you wanted to send to Wyze

Wondering if you have heard anything

Thanks

Carlos

1 Like

Send us a link, I just posted another bad review on Amazon but didn’t see your question. I’ve been waiting 6 months for this fix and am giving up and going with another brand.

I just posted on Amazon a question on all the Wyze cam 3 options for purchase, but did not see your question. Let’s see if this helps. In my opinion we are just waisting our time. In the reviews you really need to search for a bad review. Our latest negative review do not come up by recent dates.

How long does it take for a review to appear? The last one I see, when sorted by ‘most recent’ is June 23rd .

I just posted on Amazon that :
“The Wyze user community has been suffering with a bug that does not allow you to play back video clips through the Wyze app. This has been going on for months without as much as any acknowledgement from Wyze. Worst customer support ever. Do not buy this product. Check out the Wyze forums before buying any Wyze camera.”