Operation failed playback sd card

I just wrote my negative Amazon review. Thankfully, I can still return this product. I hope they get the issue fixed some day, 'cause otherwise, nice camera.

Done, review posted for Wyze V3, should be live in a few mins, I used same subject as this email

Hi All, if it is on continuous recording the play back works. So what does this mean? I ma not too technical. The important camera I have set to continuous recording.

I left a review on Amazon and Wyze responded offering a full refund.

1 Like

Wow, now they said “We sincerely apologize for the automated system response you received. Unfortunately, we are unable to process a full refund for your order because it is already past the 30 days return window. We would recommend contacting our technical support so we may further assist you with the troubleshooting.”

File a complaint with the BBB.

Gabe2, I recently also had an issue with a product from Wyze that was defective & literally in pieces when I received it (not this specific issue in this thread) but it took me about 4.5 hrs over 3 days to finally get a replacement. I finally had enough of the back & forth, emailing & chatting w a diff ppl every time there was a contact, & the time it was taking to get my issue resolved. In my frustration & end of the line w my patience, the result was that I finally told them I wouldn’t pay for an item that arrived to me damaged & unusable & that I would dispute the charge w my card company. 4.5 hrs over several days time for … a … $10 item. It was ridiculous. Point here is be persistent & aggressive and you will get a replacement or refund.

I left a review and got absolutely nothing. Not even an acknowledgment.

And yes, I’m still having issues with the Playback giving the “Action Failed” message. I’ve used both the “regular“ Wyze app as well as the beta version and neither work properly.

I see some comments about setting it to Continuous recording, but that would not work for me. I use the camera for wildlife & I really wouldn’t want to record nonstop trees & ground & have to try to find the 5-6 times a day that a 3-minutes “event” occurred …. Which is why I was happy with the option to record Events only. The workaround (viewing events through the Playback option in “Events” rather than using the “View Playback” from the “home” screen) still does work at least 90% or the time. It has moments that I have received the Error when viewing through that route also.

Guessing I’m not the only one who has to crossed their fingers when opening the app, just hoping that it works properly :unamused:

I carry both an iPhone and an Android, the “Operation failed” error only happens on the iPhone, not on the Android. Unfortunately, it seems like Wyze doesn’t do much actual testing of much of anything before they put it out there and then once they do put it out there with bugs it takes too long to get it fixed. The fix for this should’ve been immediately to take the previous code, increment the version number to just above the version that’s broken and publish it to the App Store so that the phones would upgrade the app. Clearly they haven’t done that. I fear they spend too much time on too many devices that aren’t part of their core product line and too much time adding code to their apps to try to sell more products to people rather than ensuring that the apps are reliable. And the last camera I bought of theirs was a Cam Pan v3 and the software controls to go along with that camera are beyond miserable and they have no solution when you talk to support. Because of these problems I’ve stopped both buying & recommending (as an IT engineer people ask me all the time for advice on what to buy) their cameras and moved onto another brand. This brand may be a little more expensive, but I never have a problem with playback nor do I have products I don’t want shoved down my throat every time I launch their app.

2 Likes

What brand do you recommend? We might as well talk about better options!

I’ve had pretty good luck with Reolink. Stay away from the Argus 2e, but others have been reliable. My outdoor Reolinks have solar panels to power them, or rather charge the batteries which power them, am I indoor cameras are PoE. As an IT engineer I’ve built thousands of networks so fishing ethernet wire in my house is a really simple task and I’d rather fish Internet then have to figure out a way to power a USB camera.

That said, there are definitely places where I would prefer to have Wyze cams and still do, but they need to fix their internal problems. When you talk to their support you get lip service and they never change. They branched out into way too many other product lines. Routers, door locks, gaming headsets, remote control cars (although, I have to admit it’s a really slick little car), even lightbulbs, scales, and gun cases. What do any of those products have to do with their core product line? Those products are taking away money from Oron D as well as ongoing support for the core product line. I might buy that the door lock goes along with the cameras for security, and you might even, maybe, make an argument for the gun case, although my 12 gauge Remington won’t fit in that, but light bulbs and scales and remote controlled cars? Where exactly do these fit in this company’s target demographic? They need to stop wasting time, effort, and money on those products and ensure that their core product line, both the hardware and software, or rock solid. Rock solid and Wyze are terms that I have never heard said together, sadly.

Honestly, there are a bunch of other cheap IP cameras on Amazon that actually work quite nicely as well. Some can be powered by solar others require either an electrical outlet or PoE. I would just prefer that Wyze fix their problems.

3 Likes

I just found out how Wyze is handling all the tickets that we all have created with the exact same problem. Their simple solution is to CLOSE THE TICKET! I’m thinking Class Action Lawsuit… Any Lawyers out there?

2 Likes

Here’s the latest from Wyze after I complained my 3 week old ticket was closed:

“Thank you for contacting Wyze. My name is Jayward and I’ll be assisting you today.

I was able to review your reference ticket #: xxxxxxx and I see that you are having issues with the playback feature due to an error “Operations Failed”. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please know that it is never our intention to cause any trouble on your end.

We are aware of the issue you encountered and want to assure you that our team is actively working on a solution. Our engineers have identified the root cause and the issue has now been resolved on Beta. A new app version will be released in the next couple of weeks. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience while we work to get this resolved.

We understand how vital it is for you to review past footage and ensure the safety and security of your premises. Rest assured, we are making every effort to expedite the resolution process. Our team is dedicated to delivering a seamless experience and restoring the playback feature as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience and understanding. We value your loyalty as a valued customer, and we want to assure you that your satisfaction is our top priority. We will notify you promptly once the fix is available and provide you with clear instructions on how to implement it.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the playback feature. We genuinely appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time. We are committed to delivering a reliable and exceptional product experience, and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Wyze Wizard”

… and so we wait…

1 Like

I use the beta version and can confirm that this has in fact NOT been addressed. The only thing that has changed in the last 24 hours (and I check for the error several times a day as well as look for any updates) is that for a time period this morning, the process was actually Worse. The workaround was also producing the error and when I did get it to open to playback (via Events), it kept resorting to the Live time rather than the chosen thumbnail event time. So no, it’s not fixed in beta or otherwise.

1 Like

Tbh, it sounds like they just wanted to close the ticket … I sent the beta feedback but feel free to open another ticket with them letting them know that you have confirmation that this is not resolved nor has it changed.

I had to open another ticket to tell them that they closed my ticket without resolution.

1 Like

It really is ridiculous. It’s been like this for a month. I don’t even see it listed in the Known Issues area … yet they are clearly prioritizing the Floodlight. Don’t need a floodlight if we can’t playback anything anyway! (Well, we Can via the workaround). Just horrible service which is such a shame because it’s really a great little camera when the functions work properly.

The option to Not have to subscribe to a service was one of the big perks of this camera for me, and I’d rather spend a little more on a different product if necessary simply because of how they are handing this. I’m fairly new to Wyze, is it always like this with their CS??

Also, from what I’ve read, the v3 cameras can operate at up to 105° does anyone know if this is accurate? “Surprisingly,” I can’t get any sort of answer from their chat bot. I’ll have to pull mine inside as it’s going to be well over that temp soon. I do however want to keep an eye on how long it takes them to resolve this issue. There’s over 100 people in this thread alone that are having this problem.

3 Likes

I just went down this whole chain of messages and somehow feel vindicated for all the calls that I make to WYZE. My cameras only work when nothing is happening. Today I had a “tagger” drive past for of my cameras and was caught on one of them tagging the neighbor’s fence. When I went back to the other 4 cameras at that exact time, nothing recorded. I got error messages in one of them, “No SD card” in 2 of them and the event happened at 4:27 pm. I have a recording of a car driving down my semi busy street at 4:00 and then 4:45 another car. Apparently nothing happened to record in that 45 minutes on 2 of my cameras. I’m so frustrated that Its finally going to make me shop for new cameras. This was a great little gadget when it first came out, but now I have 11 cameras that may or may not record anything of importance when I need it. I pulled the sd card out of one of them, and all I get is computer gobblygook language with no video. If I were to take all my cameras and put them in a box with nothing happening, they would all record. If someone were to kidnap someone with screams, action, car chase in front of my home, it would miss the whole thing.

4 Likes

Yes, sadly you’re describing a very common issue with their cameras. My fear is that they have focused on too many other nonessential products and have lost focus on quality control for their core product line. When you call their support you get excuses and all the really interested in is selling new stuff or moving things to their paid tier. There’s no way I’m paying them to continue to have a bad experience. If the non-paid tier were 100%, or even close to 100% reliable I’d consider paying them for more capabilities, but it’s very clear the only thing they care about is raking in money as fast as they can upfront while jeopardizing their long-term prospects. Personally, I haven’t come back to them for any more cameras and I doubt that I will until these issues are resolved. By the way, my Reolink cameras catch anything that moves in front of them, sometimes too much like when it rains or even when a leaf blows by, but I’d rather have cameras too sensitive than not record anything at all.

Hey Wyze, are you listening? It doesn’t seem like it.

4 Likes