Operation failed playback sd card

I opened a ticket 17 days ago! Nothing yet, this is basically functionality that needs to be fixed!

3 Likes

two days ago i couldn’t view any playback from my v3s and now the camera doesn’t even detect my sd card…

I’m on an Android and for the past few weeks, I have cameras that will just stop recording/having playback then it will come back & work okay for a few hours and then the next day it will be down again. I’ve tried accessing Playback through Events and just through each camera itself. Nothing seems to show up either way. I’ve sent numerous logs about this over the past few weeks. It’s exhausting that these cameras are demanding this much time, energy, research and basically becoming an IT person just to keep doing their basic functions/what they claim they said the cameras could do.
Here’s another log ID to send out into the Wyze Void about this issue: 1078766

Regarding the workaround … note that if you are using an iPad like me, locked in Landscape orientation, and then select an Event … the four icons at the bottom (Sound, Livestream, Playback, Delete) are not visible! Only after you unlock your iPad and rotate to Portrait do they become visible.

That workaround doesn’t work for me. The Playback / SDCard icon is greyed out.

My stats:
iOS 16.5
Wyze app 2.42.6(1)
Cameras firmware are all 4.36.10.4054

Sadly it started with Wyze app 2.42.1 so there have been five releases none of which included a fix.

My stats:
iOS 16.5
Wyze app 2.42.6(1)

Sadly it started with Wyze app 2.42.1 so there have been five releases none of which included a fix.

My stats:
iOS 16.5
Wyze app 2.42.6(1)

Try the Continuous Record workaround then.
Set your SD card to Continuous Record for about 3 minutes, then view playback as normal.

You may need to restart the app after you do it.

Once you’ve reviewed the playback, set recording back to Events Only.

When you need to view playback again repeat the steps.

1 Like

Same issue here. Wanted to follow this thread to see if there’s any luck with a fix soon.

1 Like

Just want to add that my 6 v3’s are having the same playback fail issue. Haven’t tried the workaround because I just discovered this and reformatted all my microSD cards. Wyze really need to get this problem fixed.

2 Likes

Just thought I’d add that I’m having the same issue on all cameras. Assumed it was the firmware but I guess I don’t know exactly when my app updated

1 Like

Continues to be an issue for me on all my cams. I’ve tried all the suggestions here- power cycling, clearing cache, reinstalling app, etc- and nothing works. Using the Events workaround doesn’t help for what I need to view because I can’t see farther back than two weeks in Events. I’ve submitted several logs and am yet to even get an acknowledgment from support (though I am, of course, continuing to get emails asking me to buy more products and services from them). The draw of Wyze was the ability to use an SD card to record individual events. I’m not interested in having to do 8-step workarounds every time I want to view an 8 second clip. I already had one foot out the door considering the issues with audio/video not syncing. This issue-and lack of response- certainly hasn’t convinced me to stay a Wyze user.

re: “Using the Events workaround doesn’t help for what I need to view because I can’t see farther back than two weeks in Events.”

This morning (6/18) I am able to use the workaround to review events on my SD card from 5/30.

I’m curious: prior to the recent problem with the iPhone/iPad app were you previously able to review events on your SD cards from many weeks earlier?

If everyone posts a review on the App Store. And on AMAZON if that is were it was purchased. Maybe then they will acknowledge and do something

1 Like

Let’s do it

Done. Review on a Amazon.

Hey Carlos! I had the same issue. Try changing the recoding set to “Continuous” instead of “Event Only” under the advanced settings and check that works. In my case, I could access past footage with that change.

I had this issue with one of my camera (out of 4) for the past three weeks, and now my most important camera is now affected. Wiped SD card, Removed and added cameras, updated to latests non-beta firmware. Issue persists.
I emailed them last week and no response. Don’t want to go back to Blink! (now Amazon), but it’s concerning that this has been an ongoing issue with these cameras.
The SD cards seem fine and work in other devices. Tried continuous mode and toggled between the two, but issue will only be resolved for a short while before “Operation Failed” error message.

2 Likes

Amazed, but maybe feel better to see so many people having the same unacceptable issues. The operation failed. Business is bad enough but now I see lots of other people unable to watch videos even though there is a green bar indicating there is contact Dash the message appears no video available at the selected time. Total BS. I’m going to follow along with everybody else and go to Amazon and give terrible reviews. You can probably do the same on yelp and Google. Glad to find this forum and thanks everybody for sharing so much. oh by the way, I have four cameras version three units and one pan cam Interestingly, the pancam3 is not having any problems.

1 Like

The only time I have received a reply from a company that not responding is filing a complaint with the BBB. It has worked every time.