Operation failed playback sd card

Jumping on the band wagon. I’m in the same boat. All five cameras for past couple of weeks have the same issue on playback. Operation failed. I’ve reformatted the SD cards, deleted the cameras and added again, reset, logged out and back in, updated. Nothing works. I’m not overly techie but have tried everything within my knowledge and no luck.
I’m using an Apple device.

1 Like

Me too! Three cams but oddly I only have this problem on one of them, the floodlight cam. My other two still work fine

I’m also having the same issue on 5 Wyze v3 cameras. It’s happened for the last 6 months occasionally, but none of them work any longer in the last month (May 2023).

3 Likes

Well, there was a beta update today & now instead of Operation Failed it says Action Failed. No solution.

2 Likes

Is it time to ditch these cameras? What good are they other than live view?

1 Like

I changed my camera to continuous instead of event only. Not getting any operation failed. The only problem is that you could only go back 3 days or keep 3 days of recording before it over rights. Even the play button works now

1 Like

I’ll give it a try, thanks. Keep you posted.

Same problem here on my nine cameras, mix of old and new, iOS. Operation failed!

1 Like

No answer yet from Wyze, disappointing!

1 Like

Changing to continuous record did actually work for me, but I don’t want to wear my camera and sdcard out just because Wyze can’t fix their app/software… Please, WYZE, fix this to allow for View Playback for Events Only from the MicroSD card!

1 Like

I’m not sure the cam or SD card will wear out, for me it’s really inconvenient to have to scroll through what would be hours and hours of footage to locate maybe a 10 second incident. It’s just so time consuming.

3 Likes

As posted several days ago… for a “temporary” workaround,…

“Instead of choosing “View Playback” for your camera, go to “Events” and select any recent event, then choose Playback. From there you can choose playback from the timeline.”

@tscocozza, this option is not available to me. If I go to Events, choose a recent event, the Playback tab/button at the bottom is greyed out for me.

This one actually worked for me!

Same problem

1 Like

I have the same problems as well.

I haven’t opened a ticket yet but it sounds like it wouldn’t matter.

Has there been any update?

I’m ready to toss the cam in the garbage

2 Likes

I have not heard from them nor has there been any new updates. This really is poor quality control or customer service.

2 Likes

The only email I’m getting is to purchase the cam + service from them.!!!

1 Like

Temporary Workaround

Until Wyze updates the iPhone/iPad app to correct this problem you can use the temporary workaround posted by redsox181vr:

Instead of choosing “View Playback” for your camera, go to “Events” and select any recent event, then choose Playback. From there you can choose playback from the timeline.