Operation failed playback sd card

“Operation Failed” during video playback on 3 Wyze v3 cameras started recently.

Troubleshooting steps I have taken:

1. Formatted each SD card in the camera - No Change
  2. Power cycle each camera and reset each one - No Change
  3. Removed each SD card and performed a complete (not quick) format on a laptop - No Change

Meta data from cameras:
Firmware Version: 4.36.11.4679 (on each camera)
Logs created and sent to Wyze (no reply yet):

WYZE: Please reply with a fix for this issue or supply replacement cameras!

I’ve tried those same steps, but nothing helps. Correction. I have 4 cameras what have the same issue. Given that all 4 cameras with exact same issue, I’m guessing it’s the APP or the firmware. Also, my firmware is different for my v3 cameras: 4.36.10.4054. APP says it’s the latest firmware. I’m in the US.

So today my camera went offline & it will not come back online. Magically 2 days after I put in a support log. Any sort of playback, either through Events or via View Playback, prompts the camera to try to reconnect. Again. And if fails. I’ve restarted it twice. This is not a wifi issue. I’m really close to being done w them.

My V3 cameras are on the same firmware. Has anybody gathered information about what manufacturers are being used for the microSD cards and what the capacity of those cards are? I have them raising from 8GB to 32GB. I am currently using all SanDisk microSD cards. I have personally had problems with Samsung microSD cards, but it would be interesting to find out what manufacturers are out there and what the capacities are.

1 Like

So here’s an update… yes they’re aware of the issue, no it won’t be fixed until there’s an update & they have no idea when that’ll be. Also, the “workaround” no longer works either (which is what prompt me to contact them again today) so essentially, unless you want to pay for a subscription, there is NO PLAYBACK until the next update. Is anyone’s actually working at all?

1 Like

It’s not the SD cards. I use many different brands. Basically, whatever was on sale at that time. Old SanDisk, Samsung, no name brand, etc. All worked fine until the last update.

1 Like

Maybe I’m being too simplistic but can’t they just roll back to the old version?

If they know there is an issue and are trying to figure out what the fix is…,

I have not tried this yet, but wondering is performing a full factory reset on the camera would do anything? Somehow I don’t think it would as the updates Wyze pushes is firmware.

WYZE: Does a full factory reset also reset the firmware?

… does anybody from Wyze even look at these user forums???

I have multiple v3s. They all work fine when viewing events on my android device. When I try to use my apple device I get the error. When I pull the microSD cards all of the event files are there for review when I put the microSD in my windows PC. I suspect the issue is not with the v3s, the microSD cards, the android app, or the devices. I suspect the issue lies in the apple app. I expect Wyze will find the fix. This piece of functionality is too critical to the platform to abandon it. It may just take a bit of time.

Does this issue only pertain to members who do not use Cam Plus? I am using Cam Plus.
I have three V3 cameras and one V3 Pro, all have 128GB Samsung High endurance SD cards and I have never had any issues with playback from continuous recording or from the events page. I’m using the iOS app 2.42.6 (1), iOS 16.5.1 and the V3 firmware is 4.36.10.4054. Even if I turn off the cloud recording and just record to the cam SD I still have no problems.

Thanks for the update redsox18lvr. Today your previous workaround no longer works for me, however if I select “Events” (next to “Home”) then select an event and “Playback” I am able to view playback on my SD card of that event or events from a prior day

If your in the beta program, as I am, you know that the release updates won’t have a fix until the betas do. And the latest beta released in the past day or two as another release candidate still does not have the fix. A much older beta that still works (doesn’t throw the “action failed” error) is about to expire in 16 days. What tells me I’ll be cursing at Wyze in 17 days? (Sad but progressively true commentary these days…)

This workaround works as well for me. So we know it’s not the SD card or the Camera. Probably the APP for iOS.

I’m not in the beta program, and the method of reviewing SD card video events that I posted earlier today is still working for me

iPhone Wyze app 2.42.6.1
Wyze firmware 4.36.10.4054

I have the exact same issue. The timeline will show the pale green lines indicating there should be some visual recorded data there but I get the operation failed message when I try to view it. Same thing when I’m trying to watch events only. I did open a couple questions about iPhone compatibility on the Amazon pages for wise three cams. Anybody have spare time, go there Let’s describe what’s going on. This is absolutely ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s on the initial landing screen at the bottom. There should be Home, Events, Monitoring, etc.

Perhaps we are waiting for coders in China to make the necessary fixes? Could be a long time.

GaryL.

I installed beta version 2.41.0 (28) of the app and I can now play back videos that I wasn’t able to before, though the previous day doesn’t seem to work correctly. The times are all off.

So the newer versions of the beta app work correctly?

Any idea when this will be released publicly?

Continuing the discussion from Operation failed playback sd card:

Operation failed on view playback. Happening on both of my v3 Cams since firmware update in May.
This is a Wyze issue and not a camera issue
Every time Wyze comes out with a new firmware update they fix some bugs and create new issues. Their customer service dept is useless.
Same run around every time I call them. Their software engineers are not very savey about fixing problems they create. They take way too long to fix bug issues. There should be a class action law suit to recall all sold cameras that don’t work as advertised. I have returned many v3 cams to Home Depot and got new cameras thinking it was a camera issue only to find out it was never a camera issue and always a Wyze software issue at their end. Enough is enough.
Customers need to stand up for their rights to get quality products and Wyze needs to be held accountable for their shotty software issues. As you can tell I am very frustrated with
Their cameras which have had never ending ongoing software issues for several years. A 35.00 camera is not a good deal if their cameras don’t perform as advertised. Not able to view live playback is like having security camera that does not offer security. You Wyze guys / gals need to get this issue fixed. ( PRONTO)!!
To All- my temporary fix for this issue as mentioned in many blogs was to SET SD
RECORDINGS TO ( CONTINUIUS. This works for me, Hopefully it works for you as well.
Sorry about this long thread, but again I am very
Frustrated with the unwise people at Wyze.
They let all of us down. You watch , eventually they will fix this problem and create new problems.

1 Like