No Time Synch for Outdoor Cams

I have done a search and couldn’t find anything relevant. With the Daylight Saving Time change the outdoor cams did not change - The V1, V2 and Pan Cams I have did (on 1 I had to use the time synch), but the outdoor cams did not change time.

The is no equivalent Time Synch button for outdoor cams - SO, how do you do it. I have looked on the OutDoor Cam router - nothing - The Cams don’t have it either. Not really interested in dismantling all my camera mounting to take things down to poke buttons on the camera or router.

Is there a simple way to force a “new” time synch

Thanks

2 Likes

It definitely needs a time sync option.

Mine did sync after a few hours though.

1 Like

I have three and all of them synced. As to what time they actually did, I don’t know.
However, a manual synch option would be a good idea. You could post it on the #wishlist.

2 Likes

General reply to everyone - Mine still have not synch’d after 20 hours since “time change” - Someone mention rebooting my iPhone - I did with no change.

I am way to reluctant to dismantle my installation to reboot the WCO’s - so, I am open to any constructive suggestions.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jet (poke buttons on the camera) Try turning the outdoor camera off then on.
Don’t have a better solution.

not sure if it will help but you could check the time setting in your router settings and maybe power down the base, reboot the router wait a few minutes and power the base on again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, a No Go.

1 Like

OK - not sure if you mean my network WiFi Router or the WCO Base Station - In my case neither one has a “time setting.” I have an eero set up with wired gateway and two beacons for the WiFi network - none them tinker with time. The WCO base station which, I guess, you can call the router for the cameras doesn’t have a time setting either.

1 Like

not the base station settings but the settings of the router your base station is wired to.

I don’t have eero but a google search turned up this for eero:

1 Like

Wyze pushed out a time sync command to all base stations.
Please check clock on your Wyze Outdoor Camera. Correct? Let us know, Yea or Nay

No change for my 4 WCO units still an hour ahead

1 Like