Newly install Wyze Cam Floodlight, floodlight won't turn on with motion detected

No rules setup.
I contacted support about it and they just said sorry troubleshooting steps did not work, wait for updates in the future.
Didn’t bring up returning the item at all.

I have the same issue but it looks like pir won’t work if camera detection is on. Can someone try that?

I have both camera detection and pir sensor detection set to turn on my floodlight and the pir sensor works.

The camera that’s recognizing the floodlight accessory is the one that’s set to turn on the floodlight by camera detection .

If I come from behind the camera , the pir sensor still detects me and triggers on the floodlight

This topic is about pir not working at all. You seem to be having other issues.

What issues are you having?

Pir does not trigger floodlights. At all. It does only if I turn off camera detection trigger.
It used to work with both triggers on, doesn’t work anymore. Possibly after fw update.

I have my floodlight set to turn on by PIR sensor only and it seems to work.

But if the floodlight camera detected motion, during the 5 min cooldown period (I have cam plus lite), I cannot get the floodlight to turn on.

It would be nice for Wyze app to have a log of when the floodlight PIR sensor was triggered. This can help troubleshoot sensor issues.

I find the floodlight to be very inconsistent.
I have PIR off because its very sensitive in rain/snow and only have it on when it detects motion. Many of times it has detected motion, sent me an event on it but the floodlight never turned on. I had a fox on our patio, it recognized the motion and event but light never turned on. Sensitivity i think was 60%. Thats usually enough to trigger the light.

1 Like

Your floodlight might have a hardware issue…

Mine never turned on because of PIR sensor being triggered by rain/snow. It would turn on because the camera’s infrared light (for night vision) reflects off the rain/snow. Since I turned off night vision, relying only on starlight sensor, it hasn’t been triggered by rain/snow.

As for floodlight not triggered by motion event, that might be a platform issue. To workaround this, you can create a rule to turn the floodlight on for x minutes when the camera detects motion, and that works for me every time.

Just to clarify, I did have my floodlight turn on during the cooldown period one time, so it is very inconsistent for me too.