New Beta Firmware Released on 10/31/2019, 4.9.5.22 (V2) and 4.10.5.22 (Pan)

Dear Wyze Forum Users,

If you are one of our Beta Testers, you will see that we just released a new Beta Firmware today. 4.9.5.22 for the V2 cameras and 4.10.5.22 for Pan cameras.

Here are the changes (since our 4.X.5.17 release):

• Stabilized the cloud mechanism to better address the “No Fragment” issue and added log collection when it happens

• Fixed an issue that caused a CMC error when rebooting the device

• Fixed the compatibility issue when CMC devices are set to not record sound

• Fixed issues that could cause unexpected rebooting and unstable time lapses

Your feedback is a key to improving our products and services. We look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Halloween!

Wendy

3 Likes

4.10.5.17 wont upgrade to 5.22
have tried four times now… get to the upgrading screen and then it starts to increment the progress bar and at about 10% it crashes out back to the ‘latest version , installed version’ screen.

1 Like

Same here. Tried XXth times.

Wouldn’t work on my 2 pans. Tried 4 times and then stopped but then my cams rebooted by themselves multiple times for 6 or 7 minutes afterwards. Still wouldn’t upgrade… I’ve “killed” the app multiple times but upgrade still does not show complete. Not sure if this matters but the pan is rebooting at about 15% complete. The message states it should reboot at the end of the upgrade.

1 Like

The progress bar goes to 100% but then says upgrade failed

In this case , close the app and then kill it , go back in and check to see if it actually did upgrade , sometimes it says it failed but actually did not

1 Like

its not upgrading. rebooted and tried at least four times. fails and then each time you open that camera you get ‘upgrade available’ notice.

Same here. 3 Pan Cam upgrade fail.

Seems like there must be a bug in the new firmware , in your case I can’t confirm that, I’m not running beta firmware.
You could try some of the basic things like power cycling the camera , reinstalling the app, take out your SD card, clear your cache, clear your data

Looks like the Pan beta firmware has been withdrawn. It no longer triggers an update available notice?

1 Like

@Wendy is this what has happened ?
Pan beta firmware has been withdrawn?

my version is back to 5.17 and no upgrade notice. so it must have been reverted.

2 Likes

I did a little checking and the Pan firmware has in fact been pulled until they figure out what is up with it.

1 Like

Probably found it on Facebook right?

Yes basically lol. I bounce back and forth between the beta area there and here.

Now one of my Pan Cam fried because of the back and forth upgrade failure.

OK so you have a new nickname The Bouncer :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for your interest in helping us beta test! It’s an incredibly important stage for development and your help makes it more likely that we’ll have time to find and fix bugs before launches. As long as you’re okay with the possibility of running into bugs and the lower possibility of needing us to replace a camera for you, we’re happy to have you on board! If you would rather not run these risks, you should probably turn back now.

Okay, now that the people that should stick with the release versions have left this post, here’s a link that has the various testing categories, information about them, and instructions for how to join or apply. https://www.wyze.com/become-a-beta-tester/

1 Like

Yes, we are so sorry. We have some problems with the 4.10.5.22 firmware and the engineers are fixing it right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jason!

2 Likes