Netgear Armor Blocking Wyze Cam suddenly

I have 3 Wyze cams connected to my Netgear Orbi AC3000 mesh network with NetGear Armor running on it. I have had no issues with this setup for months.

This started today: I keep getting notifications from Orbi App/NetGear Armor saying it has blocked “malware”,
The link that NetGear states is Malware is as follows:
https://wyze-device-alarm-file.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
I did not reboot the router anytime recently, I am not sure if the firmware was recently auto-updated or not.
The current version running is V2.3.5.30

I can access the live streams on the cameras.
I think the NetGear notification occurs each time the cameras sense motion/sound. I am not getting notifications on my iPhone via (enabled in Wyze app) about motion/sound.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome to the community mckrob

2 Likes

I have not encountered that particular error before. I suggest you open an Support Ticket and see what Wyze makes of that.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

It’s possible someone else may have more info but I would get the support ticket rolling to be safe.

2 Likes

I am getting the same error all day today with a netgear router

https://wyze-device-alarm-file.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com

5 Likes

I’ve received the exact same message today showing 297 threats blocked at this time.

5 Likes

I"m getting the same issue Netgear Armor went crazy and I had to unplug all the cameras.

5 Likes

I created a ticket with Wyzecam support. Will see what they say. If no success there, I will contact NetGear.
For now, I disabled Orbi app notifications on my iPhone. 379 “threats” blocked today and I was getting pinged on almost all of them. Still not getting motion/noise notifications via the WyzeCam app, but I can still view live video.

4 Likes

As patience is not what I am known for, I just created a ticket with NetGear too :slight_smile:
Will post here if they respond.

6 Likes

Mine is going crazy right now. Blocking malware on different cams every few seconds.

3 Likes

Yes just started for me as well getting slammed with notifications…orbi also

2 Likes

Same is happening here. Just started and my phone is going bonkers. Lol. My wyze cams are running the most recent firmware. 4.9.5.36

4 Likes

You will probably need to create an exception on your router’s fire wall to allow the communication and prevent the notifications. Wyze does use Amazon Web Services to store video.

7 Likes

What’s strange is that the Orbi is saying the same malware link that I posted originally is now ”found” on my Firestick TV and my Rachio sprinkler.

1 Like

Update: Rebooting the Netgear devices seems to have helped for now. Give it a try.

Netgear’s BitDefender has started blocking https://wyze-device-alarm-file.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com for me as well. I’ve opened tickets with both BitDefender and Wyze. Let’s hope they can resolve this quickly. I can’t find any way to make an exception in the BitDefender app.

2 Likes

Was hoping not to have to do that.
I was going to try to submit link to

And see if that would eventually resolve issue.
Just very curious why all of a sudden it started, wonder what changed.

2 Likes

I have the same issue as well with my Bitdefender Box V2. Sooo many spams.

1 Like

I also have the same NETGEAR Orbi and tonight I received the same alerts. I got probably around 20 of them. I have had the Orbi for some time now and never had this issue with Wyze

2 Likes

FWIW, here is Bitdefender’s Auto Reply:

Thank you for your file submission.

The file has been automatically sent to our laboratories for specialized analysis. If the file is indeed a False Positive, the detection will be removed in the next 72 hours and the modification will be implemented in the product through a Signature Update. Please keep your Bitdefender up-to-date.

Please be informed that this is an automated process. Reply to this email if you have any other issues regarding your Bitdefender product and one of our engineers will take over.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

I submitted the same to Bitdefender. I received the same response. I guess it’s a waiting game now.

1 Like

I experienced this exact issue on my Orbi as well.

1 Like