Need help turning off vehicle notifications

The change in lighting from headlights does not trigger the AI, it triggers a motion event, all motion events are set off by a changing of pixels in the detection zone. The that motion event is sent to the cloud and a snap shot of that event is checked by AI for the vehicle, people, pets, etc. The whole image is checked, not just the detection zone, if there is nothing detected by AI (and you only have AI notifications enabled) it does not send a notification but the event still shows in your events. If something is discovered by the AI it then sends a notification as needed. So, you are correct it is not a firmware issue as it is all done in the cloud except for the detection of original motion.

What version of the app are you using and on what device as I can deselect Vehicle and leave person detection on at this time.

2 Likes

Something has definitely changed on my doorbell AI detection. I get notified of parked cars that are clearly in the blacked out detection zone…like it’s only looking for motion in the zone I allow but once it does then it detects anything anywhere in view of the camera.

I’ve turned off notifications because it’s useless now. I don’t need to be notified every couple minutes that my neighbors car is still in their driveway.

I don’t want to turn off car detection either…that’s useful as long as it’s new or moving.

When your Doorbell detects motion it looks in the detection zone, when the video is uploaded the AI looks at s snapshot of the video. The AI is unaware of where the detection zone is, so if there is a vehicle in the image it will tag it and notify you.

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ Yeah, but it is crazy. What’s the point of having a detection zone if it notifies about the stuff outside the detection zone. I believe the detection zone pattern is already in the cloud associated with your account and your camera. And if it is not, it shouldn’t be a lot of data to upload it with the video clip to the AI. Is the AI so dumb that it can’t even apply the detection zone before (or after) processing the image for artifacts?

But as I said, the immediate problem here is the fact that there is no way to disable vehicle notifications in Android. Wyze needs to fix it asap because this is not only annoying, it is making CAM Plus subscription useless. Not fair to customers who are paying every month for it.

1 Like

someone else in a separate post made a point recently that users need to be able to keep AI detection on, but turn specific notifications off. hopefully that is something Wyze will implement as currently your only option is to turn that particular smart detection off which also removes the filter.

1 Like

What version of the app are you currently running. I can currently turn off vehicle but leave the others on

I am using Android app v2.23.21. There is no update available on Play Store so I am assuming this is the latest and greatest. I hear that beta version has the feature to disable vehicle notification alone, but I don’t know where to get the beta version from.

I just joined beta program and download the beta app v2.24.16 on my Android phone. I still don’t see any option to disable Vehicle Notifications. Am I looking at the wrong place, or it is not available for Android not even in beta app? This means that Android users should not expect it any time soon.

@shah
I am using v2.24.16, here is where to find it, go to the camera in question, then gear icon in upper right (settings), then Event Recording, then Cam Plus AI Detection an select what you want enabled and disabled

4 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ Thank you so much for the directions. I have been looking under Camera in question > Gear icon > Notifications.

Thanks again. That is one weird place for that setting to be in. Now I wonder if it is available in the normal version of the app too.

2 Likes

@shah
You are welcome, I am glad you got it fixed. I do know they had moved it and I am not sure if it is in the production app or not.

3 Likes

This must have been refactored in the beta. On the latest release version, under Event Recording the only options I have are Schedule and Motion Detection (on/off). If I go under Notifications, I can turn Wyze AI Events on/off, or all other motion events on/off, nothing else.

@Phalkon30 Thanks for the info. I was thinking about opting out of beta to see if it is in the released version. Now I don’t have to. May be you should consider signing up with beta program if you need to disable vehicle detection.

@shah @Phalkon30

The latest Production released version, the AI selection is found under the Accounts / Services / Cam Plus

The Beta Release for Android: 2.24.16 and iOS:2.24.26 (4) has moved the AI selections. It is now located under the Home / device / settings (Gear top right) / Event Recording / Cam Plus AI Detection

Both locations will allow you to select which AI Events you would like to be notified on. You can turn off Vehicle notifications there.

My android app updated yesterday, I have now disabled vehicle detection alerts.

Not the solution I think it should be, but has significantly cut down on false alerts.

From my experience, this completely disables detection of the selected AI events, it doesn’t just turn notifications off.

I would like to be able to still detect vehicles and pets and filter events by these, but I only want to receive notifications for person detection. Up until recently I only received notifications for person detection, but now I receive them for all AI events.

Are you saying the beta app adds the ability to selectively choose what you want to receive notifications for while still detecting all AI events?

1 Like

@ttreat31 No unfortunately the beta app does not give you that option. The Notifications screen only has one bundled up “Wyze AI Events” to turn on and off. Inside Event Recording > Cam Plus AI Detection, you can select which events you want the AI to detect and record for you. You can’t detect and record vehicle events, but not get notifications for it, while detect and record say person events, but get notifications for it. Notifications are all bundled up - either get all of them or not get all of them.

Thanks, that was my understanding. I hope this is something Wyze addresses since I’d like to still detect events but just want more control over notifications.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.