Minimum duration for Time Lapse Interval?

Hi! Quick question: what is the minimum duration that you can use for the time lapse interval? Can you set it to be less than a second between frames?

I’ve searched the forum but couldn’t find an answer. And I’d just look on the app but I haven’t received my Wyze cam yet, so that doesn’t work.

I’m thinking of using a fast time lapse frame rate for recording security video without using so much storage space. I figure even 5 frames per second would be plenty fast for security purposes, and that’d reduce the storage space needed 3x relative to continuous video recording (which I think for the v2 records at 15fps).

Cheers,

J

The smallest increment possible is 3 seconds.

https://www.wyzecam.com/how-do-i-create-timelapse-video/

Thank you!!

I wish Wyze would reduce allow shorter intervals. Three seconds is way too slow for security purposes.

1 Like

link is broken:

SJ

Support site has moved over the past 4 years.

The minimum interval is evident in the app:

Thanks @Seapup (I see the 3 seconds in the app), just wanted to let you know the URL was broke, that is all.

SJ

1 Like

Thank you for the heads-up. Unfortunately, many links to the old support articles are broken and have no proper redirect to a valid page on the new support site. I’ll take a stab at fixing them sometime this year if no other mod jumps in.

By reverse-engineering the apk file, one can lower the minimum interval to 1 second (I suppose I’m not allowed to go into any details here).
But if you put the camera in front of a digital clock and inspect the timelapse video frame-by-frame, at least for my v3 (firmware version 4.36.9.139) the recorded interval actually alternates between the adjacent seconds of the configured interval, e.g. for 3 seconds it is 2-4-2-4-…, for 5 seconds 4-6-4-6-… and so on. A configured 1-second-interval (0-2-0-2-…) just repeats every other frame,