Make App highlight a shortcut button that is currently activated

I initially thought this would be useful but understand (based on the comments above by OverWatch) that it doesn’t really make sense.

So instead maybe add the option to receive a notification when a shortcut activates based on an automation. That would be nice.

That’s a great idea! I’ve created a new Wishlist topic for that. You can hop over and vote for and/or comment on it here:

Just a suggestion, It would be great if the home/away buttons highlighted in some way so you can tell what your current setting is when looking at the app. When you choose either button now they just blink a little and then return to the same look as the other.

First of all WYZE is amazing. A suggestion for the shortcuts to invert in color when pressed or automated. I’m using this system as an alarm so it would be nice to just look at the main screen to see what shortcut is currently active eg. Arm or Disarm certain notifications.

1 Like

I would love my wyze app to tell me visually what shortcut are active or un-active.

Maybe one short cut to apply actions by activating(pressing) the shortcut and to reverse the action by inactivating (pressing) the shortcut.

Benefits:
Cleaner shortcut menu
Simplistic User Experience
Faster and easier to create shortcuts with one methodology (forward/reverse)

I hope this is simple to understand because I hate typing my thoughts :wink:

Disagree with OverWatch regarding Actions and States. A State can be the result of Actions. Such as: I’m receiving current motion alerts as a result of pushing a shortcut button sending individual motion alerts. The State is Active until I push another shortcut button instructing to stop sending alerts. The State changes to inactive.
The shortcut buttons do not indicate current State’s.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Display state of on/off schedules in the rules list

A simple color change to indicate the current shortcut like below.

2 Likes

YES!! TBH, if they can’t make that happen soon, I’m going to have to switch to a different system unfortunately. It really irritates me that I can’t visually see the shortcut in use.

Why aren’t all rules color coded so you can tell when they are activated and when they are off.

Also you need to put the mute icon back in place of the new edit icon that replaced it in upper right hand corner on home screen the mute function is used a lot more than the edit function i can assure you!!

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission.]

1 Like

I believe most of these posts are referring to rules, not shortcuts

Rules include Shortcuts, Schedules and Device Triggers. Which is it you wish to be color coded?

Shortcut

1 Like

And the dang mute icon back in the upper right hand corner of the home page!!!

Shortcut button highlighting is exactly what this topic is about. So this is the right place.

For the bell icon issue, you should submit a separate wishlist topic. Topics on the wishlist need to be single subject and submitted separately.

Please search the #wishlist and #roadmap categories before submitting the new #wishlist topic. Use these links to search each category:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

Shortcuts

I set up two shortcuts on my app – one for “At Home” and the other for “Away”. Obviously, only the away is set up to send me notifications. At the very top of my app screen, it shows both of these shortcuts. However, it does not say which one is currently active. I suggest some type of highlight on the active shortcut (color/bold etc.)

2 Likes

I really hope they incorporate this soon. I had a few people I know go out and purchase these cameras and they have the same complaint. I mean, if they can make the shortcut buttons blink 3x when you press it, they should be able to make it change colors or make it bold when you press it.

1 Like

It’s been a year and still no update on this feature. Just a simple color distinction on which shortcut is active. Come on Wyze developers. My Dev friends could probably help you guys out…

1 Like

Surprised this feature has not made it. Definitely a quick win. Love the products keep up the innovation.

1 Like