Lock Bolt + Video Doorbell Pro (chime) integration

Thanks for adding this. I hope you can expand on this by including notifications, status, settings, etc.

However, there currently seems to be a major flaw. It seems like I can only unlock the Lock Bolt on the Video Doorbell Pro screen and not lock it? So, there can be a potentially unsafe situation where I unlock it remotely and am not able to re-lock it until I get home?

7 Likes

Totally agree, this is a major flaw. The settings button and unlock button are in close proximity as well, accidentally pressing unlock while trying to go to settings while not at home and not being able to relock could be a big problem. Wyze team, please fix! Add the lock feature as it’s noted in the enable lock/unlock option!

2 Likes

+1 to this! When i first saw it, I questioned what the Lock icon was and thought well it could be:
1. A lock icon to indicate my lock bolt is actually locked
2. A Lock button to let me lock the Lock Bolt
What I didn’t expect was that it was actually an unlock button…with a “Lock” icon! So when I pressed it…while I was a hour away from my house… I wasn’t thrilled that it unlocked my front door with no-one home and no way to re-lock! If nothing else, there needs to be a confirmation that you actually want to unlock the door to prevent this. If there’s a technical limitation to re-locking, it would be nice to get an explanation from Wyze.

2 Likes

Can someone from Wyze please tell us if this will be fixed and if more enhancement are coming (notifications, etc.)? If not, I hate to lose the integrated keypad and fingerprint sensor, but I might have to return the Lock Bolt and replace it with a Lock that is already WiFi-enabled.

2 Likes

Just left our Little Leagues snack shack unlocked over night for the same reason. This has to be fixed.

Wyze, Please show a closed padlock when the bolt is locked and an open padlock when unlocked. This should absolutely be a toggle button. Duh

Like in your video,” Just tap that lock icon and you can leave your house totally unlocked from anywhere in the world!”

2 Likes

I agree, need the option to lock / unlock and have a notification icon showing it is. Just having unlock is a security risk, if you accidentally hit the unlock you have no way to lock it back. Thinking of sending mine back and get something else until this security issue is fixed.

3 Likes

I have both type of Wyze locks installed in my house, WI FI lock on my front door and Wyze Bolt on my garage door because I like the finger print option for my garage. I heard that the Wyze Door Bell Pro could be connected to the Wyze Bolt and operate remotely. Which I thought was great because I have family that forgets to lock the garage door lock once in awhile and I could check it and lock it remotely. I ordered the Pro but before I received it I came across this forum. Needless to say I don’t need to unlock it remotely I need to be able to LOCK it remotely. I immediately sent the Door Bell Pro back. It makes no sense to me to be able to unlock remotely but not lock. Wyze I love your stuff but this was a let down and I agee with previous people its a security risk.

2 Likes

Did they remove this “feature”? I just got the Doorbell Pro, Chime, and Lock Bolt and I don’t see any option to unlock the Bolt.

EDIT; ok now I see it. Well… maybe some day we’ll get lock AND Alexa integration. This is a pretty eyebrow raising shortcoming in 2023 with an established IoT company. …… the veteran software dev in me smells outsourced development gone wrong… n’est-ce pas?

2 Likes

I don’t understand the difficulty in changing it to be able unlock AND LOCK the dead bolt! What is the deal???

1 Like

Absolutely agree. This is so stupid. Why can’t doorbell pro both unlock and lock. I have accidently hit the lock icon while looking at the camera and thus have accidentally unlocked my cottage door 3 hours away. Good thing I have it set to auto lock each night but even then I don’t know for sure if it works. WYZE PLEASE RESPOND WHEN WILL THIS BE CHANGED. I READ THE NEW V2 DOORBELL CAN DO BOTH SOO WHY NOT THE PRO???

1 Like

This feature is an absolute must. Why on earth would you want to unlock the door and not be able to relock it. If you’re unlocking it remotely then you’d obviously need to be able to lock it remotely as well. It would be great if they would show the status of the lock in the app so you know whether it is locked or unlocked. Is there a better way to get this issue in front of the right people to make sure this feature gets added?

1 Like

I am seconding that having the ability unlock the door without the ability to lock is a major oversight. Wyze, please do whatever it takes to add this feature!

1 Like

was chatting with support about something else and I brought all this up. Not much response other than she posting the link to the lock bolt to explain that feature. no explanation as to why they made it this way. She said she would document the concern and send to the product team. So unfortunately I don’t feel Wyze is really listening and I doubt we’ll get this fixed anytime soon. So use caution when in the doorbell pro app and do not accidently click the button like I did.