Lock Bolt change locking orientation

This may be a dumb question but here it goes. We have 2 Lock Bolts in our house. One bolts into the framing on the left of the lock, the other bolts to the framing on the right of the lock. For the one that bolts to the left of the lock, the locking knob is vertical when unlocked. For the one that bolts to the right, the locking knob is horizontal when unlocked. This creates confusion when walking up to the inside of the door as to whether the door is locked or open. I think I already know the answer but is there any way to change one of them so that they’re consistent in terms of locked orientation?

Also, slight lane change but it would be nice to have some kind of indication on the outside of the lock (like maybe a small light) that the door is locked so that you know you have to unlock without trying the handle first.

1 Like

I think there was a method for this to be adjusted. Mine bolts on the right, so didn’t have to do anything.

I will need to dig my documents out or research to see if there is a way you can switch it.

I will also Tag a few others, @R.Good @carverofchoice @IEatBeans @SlabSlayer , to see if they have any ideas while I am searching

1 Like

Thank you!

Here is a Video…

How to Install Wyze Lock Bolt - YouTube

around the 2:47 marker, says to how the locking mechanism should face based on the side of the door it is being mounted on.

Hope this works for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the video! Yeah, they cover how depending on the side of the door the thumb latch has to be either horizontal or vertical. So it would appear that you can’t have the thumb latch be the same orientation if you’re using two locks on different sides of their respective doors. If the lock is on the right side of the door, horizontal is unlock. I wish there was a way to get it to be vertical for unlock so that both of my locks are the same but alas, seems like that’s just the way it is.

1 Like

Agreed. This would make me batty. I specifically install my manual bolts so horizontal is locked. Always. Seems silly to be forced to vertical or horizontal depending on orientation. Great question.

1 Like