Improvements / enhancements

I couldn’t agree more regarding landscape mode for iPad users. Hopefully the Wyze team recognizes that portrait only mode is a serious annoyance for all iPad users. Landscape mode was removed in the most recent SiriusXM app update and users are furious, many planning to cancel their accounts. My $.02 …

Wrong subject reply

My iPad Mini works WYZECAM on both portrait and landscape just make sure Portrait Orientation Mode is not locked on your iPad

SmartThings and SmartLife is available in IFTTT now…I created an applet to turn on a lamp using smartlife plug when motion is detected on my porch v2 cam. Only bad thing…it’s not instantaneous…times vary, 2 min, 5 min…

Navigating the view from one camera to the next currently requires up to six steps. This is very time consuming and error prone!

One or more of the following features would help:

1. On the active image screen have a select "Next" and "Previous" options to switch between cameras. This should also maintain the vertical or horizontal viewing mode.
  2. On the active image screen have an option that brings up a pop-up list from which to select the next camera to view. This should also maintain the vertical or horizontal viewing mode.
  3. On the devices screen have a single "Refresh" option to refresh ALL the camera thumbnail images.
  4. On the devices screen have a "Refresh" option after each camera name that will refresh the associated thumbnail image.
  5. On the devices screen have the thumbnails automatically refreshed every fixed amount of time. This should be a global option.
Would like to add another option to the above list that might be easier to implement? I am always searching all cameras to monitor someone I care for, and this would make it much easier.
  1. Implement swipe left/right to switch between cameras in BOTH portrait and landscape views.

Live view (and Alert replays) will auto-rotate … the rest of the entire application runs only in portrait mode, meaning that iPad owners must rotate their devices by 90° every time to see the … 1) Devices screen, 2) Notifications screen, 3) My Account screen, 4) each Camera’s Settings screen, etc. Exceedingly inconvenient and awkward, esp. when your lightening cable is plugged in or if your iPad is enclosed in a case. The SiriusXM developers very recently removed landscape mode in their app and there’s outrage over in the App Store comments. I can only assume that no one in the Wyze office owns an iPad.

Currently we have the ability to set an Alert Schedule with a single start/stop time. Would be wonderful if you could set multiple time schedules. Day of the week schedule in addition to time would be a bonus. For example 8am-5pm and 11pm-5am, as those are the times when I am away an I am less concerned about alerts when I am home.

Even though I have notification sensitivity set fairly low (33) most of my nighttime notifications are flying insects. (The others are light from a car’s headlight). It seems to me that these can be filtered out somehow fairly easily although I’m not sure what the processing mechanism for notifications are to do this.

12 seconds is fine for me. I usually delete them while watching after 5 seconds when I see that it is just a moth.

Agree. Most of my (nightly) notifications are night flies the does a 1 second investigation of the IR sensor. I even have my sensitivity set to super low (10) and still get these.

I wish I could set the “detection duration” so that any movement under e.g. 2 seconds would not cause an alert. This would eliminate all insects as these are normally only ~1 second long. Any really useful alert most likely has more than 2 seconds of movement in it.

Additionally, when the reminder video comes in, it should really start a few seconds before the actual event. Now I get this event, where I see the “tail end” (pun intended) of the insect frenzy and 10 seconds of nothing.

I seem to think of enhancements daily :slight_smile:

Today I thought it would be nice to speed up the playback video for normal speed to up to say 10x or so. I’m not so interested in slowing things down since pausing is easy enough.

Please give this some consideration. Thanks.

Idea for outside pointing cameras: Enhance the motion detection algorithm to be able to distinguish true motion (person/pet/etc.) from shadows of trees/leaves. Could be fairly straightforward because when wind blowing triggers motion, the green box is very erratic in size and location all over the screen, versus a person/moving object that tracks more consistently.

Right thread for this question?

Thank you!

Is it possible to port the Wyze Cam to view on PC?

Any possibility to add human or facial recognition to avoid animals triggering on alert? Yeah a bigfoot or little green man may trigger but far better than a moth or a squirrel! If possible it would be awesome to add a custom sound or choice to a facial or human alert.

Would like o be able to filter out insects, birds and other flying critters somehow.

Otherwyze a great product !

I would also like better options for setting motion detection areas. Multiple zones would help but being able to control each section of small squares in a grid would be preferable. I 2nd the request for options to view playback video faster. Fast Forward and Rewind arrows for 15 second increments as well as fast options for both FF and Rewind would be helpful.

I’ve had my Wyze V2 for a couple of days, and this is what I’ve got on my wishlist so far:

• Switch to an audio codec supported natively by vanilla Android, Windows Media Player, iOS, MacOS (8-bit A-law G.711 isn't it, it seems)
  • Local live stream capability (rtsp, or similar)
  • Web interface for managing local recordings on SD card
  • Ability to disable the IR LEDs separately from "night mode" (the behind a window scenario)

Considering that some of them are already features available in the OEM camera or available with either of the two unofficial firmware builds, I don’t think it is too big of an ask.

I’m actual looking to extend my time notification to 25-30secs instead of 15. I use a V2 in my garage to monitor the opening and closing of a 2 car garage and garage door to house. 15 secs is just to short. 90% of the time the trigger start yetbin 15secs I miss who is coming and going. Any ideas?

I would like to see a temperature gauge in the app so you know what temperature your room is