IEEE REGISTRATION AUTHORITY

Hi Wyze support,

I have received my Camera yesterday and after updating the firmware, I noticed IEEE REGISTRATION AUTHORITY on my network with the MAC address of the camera. can you please advise what this is and what it is used for?

IEEE REGISTRATION AUTHORITY is the official organization that issues the MAC addresses.

Because we bought a subset of a MAC address block, we share the same first 6 character of the MAC address with other purchasers. Therefore, when you look up the MAC address by the first 6 character, it shows “IEEE REGISTRATION AUTHORITY”.

Think of it as an apartment building. We bought one apartment in the building. If you look up the building address (without apartment number) , you get the building name. You have to look up the secondary information ( apartment number ) to see us.

I use ATT smart home router and after firmware update this morning it will not stop blocking my camera. I get the below error. My only option is to allow the device or block because IEEERegi Device has been used by other DOS attackers.

Device
IEEERegi Device

Description
We noticed that IEEERegi Device had a potential attack and blocked it. Denial of Service attacks try to overload a device by flooding it with multiple requests simultaneously, making it inaccessible to its users.