Hummers Confused at Bird Feeder

I actually have 4 feeders in that cam view. 2 were empty so are inside soaking to be cleaned. I believe I have so many because I’m adamant about refilling them within a half day of being dry.
What you see in the video is about the normal amount of birds with 4 feeders. The larger 2 Feeders I have are about 40+ oz each.
I average every day about 15-30 birds at their feeding times which is 3x a day here. 7am 11am and about 6pm. But they still feed all day long. Just not in a large group.
I only use well tap water with sugar. The only flowers on our five acres is Society Garlic.
I got the teenager Nextdoor to set up for feeding them. He has two feeders now. He gets about 20 during feeding time.
I gave a large porch and sit out there often to watch the feeders. I have 2 Hbirds who luv to come close to me and say hello. Gods creatures are amazing.

2 Likes

I have a Wyze outdoor with solar and use it to put on the nest. It’s just hard because I have to just lay it, sorta shove it in the cactus branch on and try and get the best view, which to see close enough is often blurry. I’ll see if I can find a video

2 Likes

Hummingbird and nest

Some are pics from phone some from Wyze outdoor & w3 cams before normal edits

2 Likes

Oh no! Can you put some kind of wind breaker near the :cactus:?

1 Like

WOW! Those are amazing! Thanks.

1 Like

I have one cam set up on a tripod for the bird feeder around the other side other house. I have 3 tripods, so didn’t mind sacrificing the cheapest one for a good cause.
The most hummers I’ve counted were around 10 at another place I loved years ago. At this one they go between mine and the neighbor’s place.

1 Like

Nice shots!!

1 Like

I’m sorry I should have mentioned the nest blew out AFTER the nesting season.

2 Likes