How to unshare a camera?

Hey guys,

Just got my first camera and I am very impressed so far. I have so many ideas running through my head on where to put them.

Did have one question, I see where I can share cameras, but if I want to stop sharing with someone, how do I go about removing access to the camera? I tried searching the forums but didn’t see anything covering this topic.

thanks

I was just about to ask the same question. Once they accept it no longer shows up under share. It says they accepted in your messages, But you can’t do anything with it.

1 Like

I have the same question. In a tutorial video on YouTube she says to go to the share page and click on their email. The only share page I find is the add new shared page. Not helpful. Please show us where this illusion page is. ?

From the main Devices tab of the app, pick the share button. It should list all your shared users and the last time they accessed the camera. (I think there’s a bug right now that’s causing shared users not to be listed (in the beta app at least))

If the camera is shared with you, from the main Devices tab of the app, pick the share button, pick delete at the bottom

Thank you for the reply.

I have the iOS version of the app (v1.1.46) and when I follow your instructions the person who I shared the camera with is not listed.

Any other suggestions?

I have also submitted a support request for this topic. I’ll let you know what they say.

So far I love the camera and am definitely looking at buying more.

Just heard back from support. They told me the same thing you did kpkammer. However, this time it worked.

Apparently the issue is fixed now. thanks everyone for your help.

I know this is an old thread, but these instructions don’t work. I’ve been through every menu and I don’t see the option to unshare.

1 Like

I found this when selecting “Support” at the top right of the Wyze website, and then searching for “share”. Let us know if that helps you, or not. :slight_smile:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019930311-How-can-I-share-my-Wyze-Cam-with-other-users-

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!! This worked and I never would have found it without your help.
-Deb

1 Like

My pleasure. :slight_smile:

Thank you, I was struggling with this, instructions on that link solved it.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to schedule sharing? My son has two Wyze cams as do I. My wife and I travel quite a bit and are often many time zones out of sync. My son and his wife also travel quite a bit. If there was a setting to share with an “on” and “off” time and date, that would be awesome. I don’t mind sharing when there is no one home but having to remember to stop and start and each time renew the sharing privilege is a bit of a pain as far as I can see.

Cheers
David

I cannot un-share my camera. I have done this -

1. powered off and reinstalled the camera
  2. uninstalled, downloaded, and reinstalled the Android app, and given the camera a different name

The shared email address remains listed just as before with no option displayed to “cancel” or “remove” the shared email address. This is such a basic function, and important for security, the option must be in there somewhere.

Help appreciated.

I just un-shared a device to test and the email went away after un-sharing, What version of the app are you using and can you verify if it is actually still shared

When you want to share a camera,

• firstly choose the camera,
  • goto Device Settings, then Share menu

BUT if you want to unshare the camera,

• firstly goto Account , then Devices Sharing
  • choose the camera you want to unshare
  • choose Cancel for the email account the person you want to unshare → then confirm with OK

This worked.

. . . . .

It also works for unsharing Wyze Sense sensors… Thank you as that was what I was looking for.