Having trouble with RTSP firmware

I am trying to get mine uploaded and holding the reset button isn’t working to start the firmware upload? Can’t get the solid blue light?

You have to be holding the reset button at the moment that power is applied and then keep holding. This is much easier to do if you plug the power adapter into a power strip with an on/off switch and use that to apply power after you start holding down the reset button.

yes ive been doing that. but not the power strip

It did not work for me on 2 v2 cams.

Then I tried different size/brand SD card. Now works like a charm.

i dont have another one at the moment. but ive been using a SD ultraplus 32gb

I’m running Q as well, I used my wife’s note 9 to set this up then side loaded the previous version of wyze (non beta) to still be able to use the app.

After some trial and error I found these settinsg worked for me in BlueIris:

My camera has been rock solid with RTSP all weekend.

I really do wish I could control the PAN cam with BI’s controls though. That would be a great addition for me.

Here is what worked for me.

Try formating the card directly in the wyze app.
Locate the camera, advanced settings, local storage, format.

Then take the card and copy the bin file over and put it back in.

1 Like

That worked for me as well. After buying a new and card haha

I did not have any difficulty setting up the RTSP feed in Blue Iris. However, I am experiencing frequent loss of connection with the Wyze cams. They all occasionally do it for a couple of seconds and then reappear. But sometimes one or two will “disconnected” for long periods of time, even though the cameras are working properly in the Wyze beta app. If I turn RTSP off and back on in the app (or regenerate the link, not sure which it is) it seems to reconnect.

1 Like

I am having trouble flashing the firmware. I have tried 3 brands of cards (and formatted one of them in a camera as suggested above). All are less than 32GB, have been formatted in Fat32, and I renamed the file to demo.bin.

Upon holding the reset button whilst turning the power on;

• Light turns blue after about 4 or 5 seconds,
  • Release the button and it stays blue for about 50 seconds.
  • Turns orange for about 5 -10 seconds
  • “Click click” sound and then it flashes orange indefinitely (until I turn power off).

The camera shows as offline in the Dashboard regardless of if the SD cars is in or removed. When attempting to view the camera feed in the app, error code -90 is shown.

Any ideas?

After trying about 10 times on that camera with the same result, I opened up a new camera I hadn’t added yet. It flashed no problems with the same SD card I was using with the unsuccessful camera.

I then subsequently was able to flash the other 5 cameras I have with no problems at all. Thought I would try one last time with the original camera I couldn’t get working - still no luck. So it is categorically not the card, nor the process, there seems to be something wrong with the camera. I guess I have a dead camera.

I also had similar experience !

1. format sdcard in a working camera with any firmware.
    2.Downgrade Firmware. Try to load a different and a older firmware ( standard ),
  2. if app detects the camera successful, try to update to latest firmware from the app.
  3. Now try the RTSP firmware by sdcard method.

Have nice day !

Thanks for the info @muthu.

Actually, I tried formatting the sd card in a working camera early on, but it didn’t help with the upgrade on the camera. But regardless of that…How do I go about downgrading the firmware (where do I find an older version of it)? I assume the process is the same, just not sure where the firmware is located.

follow the links for official firmware and apps

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001763251-Release-Notes

Thanks again, I’ll give it a crack tomorrow.

Nice start on adding RTSP support. Thanks!

I’m getting the same symptoms. Oddly, the only way I can get the RTSP feed working in blueiris is to kickstart it in VLC first. Otherwise, blue iris shows loss of connection to the wyze cam. Turning RTSP on/off from the app doesn’t help in my case.

No luck flashing the official (older) firmware. I formatted a card in a camera and copied across the firmware. The camera exhibits the same behaviour as attempting to upgrade the firmware. I think it is stuffed.

Latest update from me on working with BlueIris.
A few noted issues.
First, on the BlueIris software it keeps wanting to revert to http instead of rtsp in the pull down under the Address, and also remove the /live after the IP address. This only happens when I try Find/Inspect. I am going to follow up with BlueIris support on this.
Second, the link to BlueIris from my Black v2 camera will sometimes drop. It might work for a short time, and other times it will stay linked for days. Getting it to relink can only be done by having the camera re-generate the url.
Third, the camera uses DHCP so sometimes changes the IP address when rebooted. Is there a way to set the IP as static?
Thank you,
Tim