Free Person Detection From Wyze

This crazy AI ,
Today i had a delivery man drop off a package but didn’t receive a notification. I have it setup to only push Person notifications. It was flagged as a motion event. Cars are people and people are motion.

Looks like they perhaps need to revisit this. Maybe it will be different in the Outdoor camera.

This is where POE to a recorder or BI would be appropriate as it would facilitate continuous recording without the associated costs of cloud subscription.

Without POE, the risk of camera theft would be there, especially as for a good facial shot you want it no higher than 6-7ft. However, at that risk, it should at least function so that it doesn’t record unless triggered, if triggered notifies and then pauses notification until the recording stops through lack of further triggers combined with a time out period (not a time out alone). That way, you wouldn’t miss a thing or suffer continuous recording unless your sensor was for example, detecting out onto the road (hence another reason why a separate sensor for the outdoor camera was suggested - the sensor can be pointed differently to the camera). One good trick used by some video cameras is they record to a memory chip as a buffer constantly over writing it, but then only write to the SD card upon a trigger whereby they write the buffered footage + the live footage for the duration of the trigger. That helps prevent anything getting missed by eg a late trigger.

Not sure how they avoid wearing the buffer chip out. I’m going to guess high endurance memory with perhaps a much bigger capacity than necessary and then sectors retired as they wear in favour of fresh sectors not previously used.

that’s really odd! maybe its something with the area its set up in, maybe the angle or something like that. I know this kind of algorithm has somewhat less accuracy near the edge of the frame, could you try it somewhere else, or at a different angle to where the people are and see if its pick them and cars up right then?

1 Like

Keep up the innovation. Maybe introduce vehicle and animal detection next??

1 Like

I can’t take credit for Wyze’s innovations. I’m just a regular customer like you who also happens to be a volunteer moderator here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I keep getting person detection for wasp that seem to be attracted to my Wyze cam2. I click the feedback link to state I didn’t see a person, is there anything else I should do to help resolve this?

Thanks for your help! Sending in those videos helps to train the AI and we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Love the person detection! Great job!

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

Great work on the person detection. Still minor bugs, but glad I can send feedback directly through the system.

2 Likes

Any possible way to have this feature on the rtsp firmware? As it doesn’t seem to work on that one.

1 Like

Hi Wyze Gwendolyn, how can I activate person detection?. I can’t find the function to activate it. Already update all firmware.

Thanks.

1 Like

Cloud Person Detection is being slowly rolled out while server capacity is ramped up. You have to apply for your account to be added here:

https://airtable.com/shrocE5N5h0CnXcoT?fbclid=IwAR2tIdX27Ksbrg7RJiNTTPHreVcY6qrbFojOplRpW6Xk8zjnxdaEaH4NryQ

3 Likes

@Cadel, we’re working on RTSP compatibility!

@Loki, thanks for fielding that question! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think I’m already on the beta for person detection as i got an email however as I’m running the cam on RTSP (for a home automation use case) its probably why it keeps saying its disabled after i enable it on the android app.

1 Like

I believe at this point it does not work with RTSP. I have heard they are working on it though.

1 Like

Literally 4 days ago, two posts up from your post :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I was also asked to test beta person detection but could not enable it. I’m using an android and have enabled it (or tried to several times).

1 Like

This used to be free!!!

1 Like