Foggy image - possible hardware solution

I doubt if the sensor is compromised. The disk is not part of the lens. It was a prefectly flat piece of glass that seemed to serve no optical purpose unless it was a UV or Polarizing filter of some sort. It might have been some sort of seal to prevent dust but even if that were the case, taking something like that away should not damage the sensor.

For reference here is my Before and after from July 20, 2020 and a screenshot of the same camera taken today

1 Like

Maybe a FaceBook post??? Biggggg user base

Can someone verify if that glass disk is present in V3s?

I’ve cleaned the class on my Wyze Pan Cam. I wonder if anybody has to clean it a second time. Does the problem recur

I don’t think I’ve had a reoccurrence and I did 4 V2 cameras. 2 of them still have the glass, but cleaned a year ago and 2 have the glass removed, but unfortunately, I don’t remember which is which. I didn’t do my Pan cam at all.

1 Like

Many thanks to the people who have experimented and diagnosed the foggy image problem. That took time, knowledge, and skill!
I found this thread because one of the outdoor cameras(woc) I have has foggy areas and appears to have the problems discussed. I am posting and adding a picture to the thread because I didn’t see references to the woc and suspect the problem may also be in newer cameras and want to document that. Mine was ordered 6/30/20 as part of the started pkg with base hub and was activated 8/26/20. A second woc activated 11/08/20 hasn’t developed the fog problem- yet.
Overall, I have 4- v2’s going back several years, 2 new v3’s with only one activated, and 2 woc’s. Currently, only one camera shows the problem which is a good thing because I do not have the eye sight or skillset to dismantle and correct the issue with my camera as others have done.
@UserCustomerGwen

1 Like

Apologies that the photo is not uploaded. I am using iphone and will need to read about uploading actually photo and not a .png file name. Sigh…

If so it looks like the V3 will be much harder to open and repair. :wink:

The 2 WOC’s have been great until this issue developed in one of them. The battery charge has been excellent and recordings have been clear.

Sadly, that situation does not seem to have been addressed by Wyze. I know how to disassemble V2’s and Pan cams but need instruction video for the V3’s and WCO

2 Likes

Following this thread… we have 10 where I work. All have some degree of “fog”. I just cleaned my first and now the picture is much clearer.

I also have 1 of 3 cams at home that has the fog that I will be cleaning next.

Thanks for the tips!

From all the posts regarding this issue, leaving the glass disk out seems to not have any negative effects.

I can disassemble the V2’s also but the V3’s might be disposable if there is no way to open them without destroying them.

I venture to say that exploring the disassembly of the V3 camera is something I want to do In the not too distant future

Keep us posted and a quick look me thinks you will need to squeeze it very hard in a vise. :wink:

I don’t believe anyone squeezed it really hard in a vise to get it together so hopefully I won’t have to do that to get it apart

Not sure, I just looked at it quickly and it looks like it’s molded together. ??

Will be interesting to find out but I’m not tearing into my V3. :grin:

found a great YouTube video about installing an external antenna on V3… Check it out.

2 Likes

Answers the question on how to open a V3! :+1:

Thanks

I’m glad I found this. Of the 6 CAMs I have deployed one of them is VERY FOGGY. I have not been brave enough to take it a part yet but plan too (since it was already replaced due to audio issues when I got it).