Floodlight camera mounting

I have flood light camera installed on 4” junction box, which I think it should be installed on 5” junction box, but I could not find one in any place or on line, Anyone face this problem or any comment on what I said? Also I am have another problem with wind about 10 mph the camera giving me alert when i view the recording i see my cars and my driveway shaking for few seconds so ai guess the camera got shaking from the wind? how do i solve this problem? Thanks

1 Like

Same issue here, after spending time and money to hardwire I go to actually mount the camera/light and find that this POS doesn’t give me a decent fit over the junction box. No wonder it was on sale.

I didn’t even use a junction box when I mounted mine. Actually mounted mine to the wall and brought my wires out and used the base of the cam itself as the junction box. I had the kind of make my own setup to do it though because my location wasn’t meant for a light. Considering the base if it’s mounted right should seal you should be able to just keep the connected wires within the base and not have to use a junction box inside the wall. In Truth all you should need at minimum is what was in the box.

1 Like

Hello All and @nash1221 .
nash1221, I think you are referring the flexibility of the 4" box and that you have the camera and spot light mounted on it in some fashion. The assemblage is flexing in the wind resulting in unwanted image vibrations and notifications. My thoughts, not knowing your exact setup, is to stiffen up the mount by inserting a stiff piece of plastic or wood between the box and the camera with screws, glue, or epoxy to cut down on flexibility.
Victor.

1 Like

Thank you for all replies , as far as what Bam said is great idea to not to use a junction box but I can not, the floodlight cam installed above the garage door, my wall is aluminum siding , so there is no enough wide space for the 5" diameter of the light base.

As far as what victormaletic said; my junction box is well fixed to the wall with screws and caulk, No vibration on the box itself , I had floodlight installed before with 2 screws to the junction box , never had any vibration, but this wyze floodlight cam has only one middle screw, also the diameter of the base 5" , bigger than the 4" junction box all that make the floodlight not stable and vibrate from the wind … I have been looking all over for 5" junction box , but I could not find one in the market. Thanks

1 Like

Could you post a picture of your setup? I’m known to get creative every now and then and I might be able to come up with some sort of solution that could work. I’m thinking of one possibility but again I would have to see the setup to really see if it would be a good fit.

2 Likes