Fix-It Friday 3/4/22

Although wyze’s responses to this issue make it sound like a simple hard reset will fix this problem, that is far from the truth. That doesn’t correct the system or allow it to be used for the vast majority of users. Sometimes it does work temporarily but it takes hours or days after a reset for that to happen and even if it begins to work again it’s temporary. It still at some point always goes back to a rebooting cycle where its unresponsive. If you do get it working you cannot add any sensors cause if you do, it goes back into a reboot cycle every time.

Trying to figure out what caused this problem is really besides the point at this time. This problem has raised attention to a major design flaw. Why does the sense hub not support downgrading the firmware on such a critical device/system? That seems like a serious design flaw and oversight. Anything that can receive firmware updates should also have a means to downgrade firmware when there are major issues such as this one. If we could downgrade the firmware to a working version and use our systems again then wyze can take all the time they need to find a cause and solution.

Wyze has a history of releasing bad firmware that is not ready to go out. Wyze then expects people to just wait for the next firmware release for fixes instead of allowing and/or supporting downgrading and it is absurd to me that they think that’s acceptable when downgrading is such an easy solution 90% of the time.

Log # 525187

The app does report connectivity although the hub just keeps rebooting.

Using the keypad doesn’t work for changing modes. Using the app appears to work (reports it’s armed after a while) but doesn’t actually trigger any alarms when sensors are tripped.

Iv tried resetting the hub a bunch of times and it never helps. It will reboot, connect and appear good for a min or so and then start making a weird crackling sound and reboot. And it just keeps repeating this. Sometimes leaving it alone for a long time would make it magically come back. But it would go back out again when adding sensors or just over time. I also found that leaving unplugged overnight on battery made it come back and work but again that was temporary and it went back to reboot cycle.

As far as pairing sensors most of the time I don’t even make it that far cause of the rebooting. But the small amount of time I have gotten it working I would try to add sensor and one of two things would happen. Either the hub would not announce ready to pair likely meaning the hub wasn’t in pairing mode and that’s why it never found sensor. The other option is it does say eeady to pair and it pairs successfully but then the hub immediately starts acting up and reboots. Then if I do get the hub to work again that sensor that supposedly connected won’t work and will show offline.