Firmware Upgrade?

Hello. I have been away from my home for quite a while (years). I am quite satisfied with the Wyze cameras monitoring my home while I was away. I have some old firmware and am being notified there are updates available. I have:
Wyze Video Doorbell w/ 1.0.58 (Latest is 1.0.68)
Wyze Pan Cam w/ 4.10.8.860 (Latest is 4.10.8.1002)
Wyze Camera w/ 4.9.8.860 (Latest is 4.9.8.1002)
Detections and Notifications are working fine. I don’t need AI and I don’t care to pay monthly charges. My needs are satisfied with what I have.
I recall there was considerable discussion in the past about not receiving notifications.
Where are we at with that? I sure don’t want to “fix what ain’t broke” by upgrading.
Can anyone advise me on whether or not I will lose the features I have, or incur monthly charges?
CS

You are very wyze to follow the “if it ain’t broke” rule.

Video Doorbell - that firmware is actually for the Video Doorbell Pro model. I haven’t read any negative feedback on that firmware.

Wyze CamPan - the version you have listed for update is actually one release back. The newest is actually 4.10.9.1433 which has issues. It was released in a slow rollout, so it may not have made it to you. I also had issues with the motion tracking feature and CamPlus while on .1002 On this one, IMO, if it ain’t broke. But, if you look at the Release Notes… .860 was halted for problems too.

EDIT: Be sure to read the release notes. They have pulled all prior download links so it will be very difficult to find a download file if you need to flash back to an older version.

Wyze Cam - the firmware you listed is actually for the Wyze Cam V2. Again, new slow rollout firmware is 4.9.9.1433 which is also experiencing issues. I don’t have this cam though.

EDIT: Be sure to read the release notes. They have pulled all prior download links so it will be very difficult to find a download file if you need to flash back to an older version.

There are multiple threads discussing these FW versions of you search for the version #.

As for fees, you will only pay if you sign up for a CamPlus Subscription. There are no changes to the basic service with any of these firmware versions.

Also, here are the release notes for the firmware versions. Some are no longer available for firmware download and flash back once updated.

1 Like

Yikes don’t update your doorbell. It will cause it to stop at 3 of 3 and not show video. After months of this I got an update yesterday 4.25.1.314 that finally solved the loading issue. So untill you see that update I wouldn’t.

This is NOT good advice for this OP.

The firmware reported above by the OP is for the Video Doorbell Pro.

It is NOT the Video Doorbell V1.

4.25.1.314 is available for Beta Testers ONLY right now and is ONLY for the VDBv1 so it is useless to the OP.

To my knowledge, there haven’t been any major issues reported with the VDBPro firmware.