Events recorded but not pushed

Hi. I have 2 cams in the same window but different angles. Both on continuous recording with SD card. Detection boxes set to minimize notifications from tree branch movement and shadows. Several events are recorded to the cloud with no notification. Push is turned on for both. I assume that the events recorded are not determined by the detection box the user identifies? I actually love that idea, I just want to confirm that there isn’t an issue with push notifications. We had a B&E last week and I had notifications off due to a previous rain storm giving constant pushes and I didn’t turn them back on. Entire event thankfully was recorded to the SD card but would have notified police during the act had we got a notification.

I guess I don’t understand. If you had push notifications off during the B&E, doesn’t that explain it?

There are multiple places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification.
  2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen.
  3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. (This includes “Do not Disturb” hours on iOS devices).
3 Likes

Hi,

I know why I didn’t get notifications during the B&E. My question is why would I get notifications for some of the events I find in the events tab and not all of them when push notifications are on. I’m guessing the camera has its own detection settings for event recordings and the detection box and sensitivity settings control the notifications, not the event recordings. I think that’s a great idea, I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t an issue since we get about 3 events recorded for every 1 notification.

Thanks,

You’re not alone with the notifications. I used to get them on my S9 and then they stopped. Both my pancam and wyze cam are recording events, both are set to push notifications, the app within the phone is permitted to push, but yet none. That really makes my cameras less effective. The reason I got them was to be alerted on my phone if something triggered them. Now they simply record events… Help help help…