Download SD card contents

Yup… Totally familiar with being in a playback context.

To test this, I actually chose a date from prior to two weeks ago where I knew that my camera was on & recording. Almost immediately, my app jumps back to present date & time. I concede that my knowledge of playback duration may be dated since I’ve been using wyze more than 3 years and don’t follow every single update in the release notes.

EDIT-1: OK, the attempt I reference above was using my carrier’s 5G. Upon arriving home and attaching to my personal wi-fi, this did work. Please disregard my statement to the contrary as misinformation…:smile: Any idea when this feature was rolled out? I don’t believe this was possible when I began using wyze. Dates prior to the two weeks event span didn’t seem like they were selectable back in the day… even within playback. Happy to have discovered that I can, in fact, access legacy footage conveniently now.

Sweet! I’m glad you got it working, that’s all that really matters. You could be right that it didn’t work that way when it first launched, I didn’t get my first Wyze Cam until spring of 2019, so I can’t vouch for anything before then, and I have never had a V1 cam. Even if it was supposed to be supported I’ve seen weirder bugs happen, and regardless I don’t doubt what you experienced anyway. What’s important is that it finally works for you the way you want now. :+1:

1 Like

To clarify, all of my cams are actually cam pan v1. I have started rolling out some cam pan v2 for my parents and have been pleasantly surprised at the vastly improved night vision for the units I have mounted outdoors. It’s also very cool that we can now install larger MicroSD cards.

I will say, that for most things wyze, there are considerable fits of disconnect. Like the app will time out quite a bit during live viewing or switching between playback. That is kind of a historical issue, however. Agree that legacy footage accessibility is a win! Thanks to you folks for updating my features knowledge set… :grin:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I do have one Pan V1 and one Pan V2. When I first got the Pan V1 I was insanely frustrated trying to use SD cards larger than 32GB even when I reformatted them to FAT32. It drove me crazy. I eventually gave up and switched to a 32GB card in that camera model. I am impressed if yours was working stable with a larger card in it earlier than the last year or so. I would not be surprised if there were some playback glitches in the Pan V1 playback that prevented you going back farther when it first launched. I am glad they have made improvements and I like the V2 a lot, just wish it was outdoor rated! :slight_smile: (I use it outdoors anyway, though under an awning)

I might have conflated a few things causing confusion here. I have only ever used 32gb cards until last week when I installed a 64gb card in a cam pan v2. Having worked in IT for several decades, I am well familiar with file system constraints and never try to buck known geometric limits for important applications… 32gb per device was always plenty for me since I use event based recording exclusively.

Regarding outdoor use, I found that the pre-existing enclosures I had been using for my cam pan v1 we’re perfectly adequate for the v2. Obviously, the little USB port cover isn’t necessary and the speaker grilles are arranged a little differently, but I have all of mine mounted underneath generous eaves so there is really no moisture concern. Have now replaced all outdoor cam pan v1 w/v2 for my parents. The v1s we’re nearly flawless over 3 years. I think one of them got shorted out when something crawled inside the SD card slot, but all I had to do was blow that out with a duster, insert a new card, and all was well. Might have also been attributable to lightning damage even though I do have all of these cams connected to battery packs to buffer that as well as intermittent utility power outages.

EDIT-1: Meant to add here… Given what we have seen as the wyze paradigm for outdoor rated cameras (wco), I feel like the cam pan goes against their grain of prioritizing maximum battery life as king. The obvious reason here being that it is motorized where stationary cams are not. Wouldn’t hold my breath for an outdoor rated cam pan until we see more sustaininable power options like solar panels, quick change battery packs, etc.

1 Like

Not trying to hijack this thread and this will be my last post in this vein. That said, I agree with your methodology here as it pertains to fault tolerance for critical systems. I even run RAID on my home server box. However, I am not trying to fully emulate best practices that I observe in my professional role at home. Nor do I believe the average consumer desires the additional planning, expense, and implementation overhead. Wyze is and has been improving vastly even in the face of a plandemic strained economy… And I applaud them. We certainly need to cheer for them and help keep up morale. However, the need also exists to identify areas that could use improvement. Neither specialized firmware nor redundant cams should be required when an add-on product (like a native DVR or concentrator appliance) might really solve a lot of problems for an entire installation base. This would also be a win for wyze itself since it furthers market development. Nor would such a thing upset the apple cart of their scalable approach. Just sayin… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This topic hasn’t been Active for a while but instead of pulling the card(s) I simply use Windows 11’s own ‘Screen Recorder’ app. If I’m viewing on Android, it’s own screen recorder.

Both capture full screen, timestamps included.

The problem with that is that it is in real time. In other words, if you want to download 4 days of video to your computer, it takes 4 days. This request deals with being able to download video files as a file transfer.

I was only trying to help in the meantime is all. Pardon me.