Doorbell chime as motion notification

That sounds good, but for me, it is not as important and with20 + cameras it would need to be a selectable option per camera.

Agree - selectable per camera and per type of motion detectedā€¦

1 Like

There is not much to create here, just copy from Ring. I had ring before and it was one of the best features it had. At this new house I just moved in, I decided to try Wyse doorbell pro. I must say it works better than Ring but the lack of this feature (having the Chime warning for a motion detected) is a big downside.
It is possible to have Alexa set to warn you but I didnā€™t like it.
Come on Wyse team, just copy it and paste it from Ring.

2 Likes

This has been requested over a year ago in this forum and I find it crazy that is has not been addressed yet. I do not even think this forum is reviewed by the people at Wyze. It is a simple enough request. I really would like Wyze to succeed and invest more into them but the odds are not looking good.

1 Like

Doorbell motion detection sounds chime

Please, please, please, make the chime sound off when motion is detected from video doorbell pro camera!

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

4 Likes

I recently added a Wyze doorbell and it works great, except, as pointed out above, it is really essential to have a distinct notification for motion detection. This is a security component that is missing. I, like others here, have had a Ring previously and that seems to be itā€™s only advantage, but it is a big one.

3 Likes

I just received/installed my Wyze Video Doorbell Pro with Chime and a Wyze Cam v3 to replace my Ring Elite with Chime and Ring Spotlight Cam.
I am thinking about returning them since the Chime device/software doesnā€™t support motion notification for either the doorbell or my Wyze Cam v3 devices like my Ring Chime does which is a fundamental feature.
This should not be hard to implement.

It would be nice if they could just add the chime to make a sound to the rules list. ieā€¦Chime makes sound when motion or person detected. Boom done.

2 Likes

Been asking for this for a year or whenever it debuted.

1 Like

I finally resolved the issue by getting a Ring Doorbell. Those types of notification can be set on their doorbells and cameras. I am surprised that Wyze did not implement this. Anyone needs a Wyze Doorbell?

I bought the Wyze Doorbell Pro to replace my Ring. The Ring sucked for meā€¦it never caught anyone but did catch every passing car and when it did catch a person, it was so delayed it was worthless. A newer unit did the same thing and adding a mesh router didnā€™t fix it either. I was very disappointed so when the Wyze Doorbell Pro came out I quickly bought one. I havenā€™t been disappointed save for the alert feature with the chime module. One of these days theyā€™ll get it integrated. The Wyze camera and capture is way superior to the Ring or Rings I have had.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like this and similarly to be able to have other notifications (in my case, vehicle detection on my driveway) generate a notification on my chime. It would be great if we could have any notification go there.
Thanks

1 Like

Door Bell Pro - chime

I am frustrated that I cannot get ā€œperson detectionā€ / or motion to sound on the chime. My previous Ring Doorbell cam would do that. Itā€™s quite useful to have a little warning when people approach the door.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Wyze Chime That Works With Motion Detection

Please expand the capability of the Wyze Chime to also notify when motion is detected (perhaps with a wind chime sound or similar).

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Allow Wyze Chime to be accessible/triggered for alerts from ANY Wyze device.

3 Likes

I 35th thisā€¦would like a different motion sound than the 6 other caneras i have so i can decipher the difference in someone walking by on the sidewalk and someone at my front door

1 Like

There is a work-around to choose any notification sound you want on an Android phone. Iā€™m not familiar with iPhone. Try this, outside of the Wyze app:

• Go to the phone Settings, then ā€œNotificationsā€
  • Tap ā€œApp Notificationsā€
  • Scroll down and tap ā€œWyzeā€
  • Tap ā€œNotification Categoriesā€
  • They should all be ā€œOnā€
  • Tap on ā€œWyzeMessageā€
  • Tap on ā€œSoundā€
  • Select whatever notification you want from your phone. I download new ones from the Zedge app.

I hope this helps!

iOS does not offer the option to change the WyzeMessage Notification Sound to a custom tone. This is why Wyze introduced multiple new Wyze App custom sounds within the App Settings UI in recent updates. This is also available to be set within the Android App.

The solution you provide, however, doesnā€™t solve @wilson.joshua.dā€™s issue:

Changing the Android Notification Sound for the WyzeMessage Channel will result in the same problem. All Wyze notifications will sound the same from every device.

For Android users to accomplish a Different Notification Sound for EACH Individual Wyze Device AND type of Motion\AI a third party app has to be used to produce the sound. I use MacroDroid. Others use BuzzKill or Tasker. The link provides instructions. I also posted step by step instructions here.

This Wishlist request is to allow for a Doorbell Chime to sound a tone when the Doorbell senses a motion event. It is not for the ability to change the Wyze default Global App Notification Sound, which has already been granted in recent App updates:

It is also not to request the ability to assign a notification sound to individual devices. That Wishlist request is here:

If you would like to request that Wyze add this feature, follow the link, vote for it at the top, like :heart: some posts, and add your reply post to support the request.

Tweek the program so that when someone is picked up by the camera entering into itā€™s pick up zone the camera will automatically open that part of the app on my phone and even before you would get notified your phone would show your door bell camera.

This way instead of having to fiddle around to open your app then go to the doorbell it would automatically open on itā€™s own to show you whoā€™s heading to your door

This would be the only doorbell out there that would offer this feature

While waiting on the possibility of Wyze adding that feature, you can do that today thru use of a 3rd party Android App called MacroDroid. Setting up a Macro to monitor all incoming push notifications from Wyze with ā€œPersonā€ and ā€œDoorbellā€, it can auto click the notification to open the Wyze App. It can also be setup, though more complicated, to launch the Wyze app and open the doorbell live stream.

Would it be too smart If a person is detected at the front door, it says thereā€™s a person at the front door.

If thereā€™s a package at the front door it says thereā€™s a package at the front door.

Etcā€¦

Looking forward to thatā€¦