Does Wyze cam have a greeting feature?

Tonight I said goodnight through the Wyze app on my phone and a mans voice said “Good Morning” The voice almost sounded as if it could have been a robotic or an auto response, but I was still a little weirded out and immediately turned the camera off in fear that it was hacked in to. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does anyone know if there a greeting feature on this camera?

1 Like

Never heard of this feature but then I don’t speak to my cameras.

How do you use the app to talk with your cams?

1 Like

How clear was it? I just tried it for kicks, and the echo of my own voice comes back kinda garbled. I suppose it could sound a bit like “Good morning.” The mics on the cameras aren’t super high quality, and especially not when it’s picking up an echo of its own speaker. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I found the culprit and now feel dumb for posting this. :woman_facepalming:

My son had a movie on that turned off few seconds before I said goodnight and because of the delay with this camera, I actually heard the tv. The dinosaur turned human just so happened to say “Good Morning” as I was saying “Good Night”. Thank goodness because everything I’ve read had good reviews about the security.

Please disregard my comment

3 Likes

The camera I have has a two way talk feature so there’s a microphone icon on the app that I press and hold and can speak through the camera.

1 Like

Ah. Thanks for explaining it to me. I haven’t used that feature since my cameras sit on a window sill looking outside.

Odd coincidences are sometimes funny. Thanks for clearing that up as well.