Do you people think WyzeCam is really for $20? I don't think it is

I buy security cameras all the time, and since buying my first Wyze, I have not purchased any other brand. I don’t care if Wyze charges for shipping. I care that they have a great product that works (inside and outside) and was supported by Amazon before their own product. I really like the attitude of the staff at Wyze, and even if they get a buck or two out of shipping and handling, it is worth it to me. Wyze - Keep up the great work.

7 Likes

I’m sure you can find a camera that costs more than $20…if thats what you’re looking for.

But can you find one that costs less, with the support and features?

Ok well… It’s only $25! That was easy, now everyone can be happy right?!? :joy: Yeah right.

Actually I’m sick and tired of the false advertising of all the companies that say, “Free Shipping.” I call BS. Their shipping costs are not free. If the S&H is not charged separately, then is already included in the price of the product but it is NOT free. You can’t possibly believe that a company actually “eats” the S&H costs on every product they ship. If they did they wouldn’t be in business for very long. Just saying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I paid $18 for my Wyze at a local electronics store… $0 shipping.

I have seen them for that price, but not in a store. What is the store name - I might go there.

Free shipping sucks people in while artificially increasing the profit for the seller.

Here’s how to think about it…

Let’s say you can buy a Wyze cam for $20 and it costs $6 to ship it (this is all theoretical, you can’t actually buy a good security cam for $20). All kinds of people will gripe and call BS or false advertising because the cost of the camera requires a TOTAL expenditure of $26 to own.

Now, let’s say that you start selling the same exact camera for $25 and offer free shipping. Which one is everyone going to buy? Right. The one for $25 because the total cost is $1 less than the one that was “falsely” advertised (and is, honestly, more expensive overall).

So, how does the $25 camera actually increase profit? Well, first of all, you’re actually going to sell them. Second, look at the extended cost to buy more than one…

With “free shipping”, it’s $25 times the number of cameras. Period. Always and forever. $50, $75, $100, etc.

With shipping requiring an extra charge, two cameras is $48.88, three is $71.03, four is $92.83, etc.

Everyone loves something for “free”, until they realize how much it’s costing them. So, go ahead… [redacted] spend way more than you should on products.

The camera is under $20. Period. [redacted] shipping isn’t being charged to you in a blind fashion.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

This whole thread needs a little context and scale.

A Nest Cam Indoor is $249 USD plus a $100 per year subscription fee (using the middle tier) plus free shipping.

A Wyze Cam v2 is $19.99 USD with no subscription fee plus $5.99 shipping.

It is true that Wyze are charging $5.99 for shipping, when Nest ship for free - but for ($249 + $100) = $349 I could buy 13 Wyze V2 cameras. More if I order them in bulk and take advantage of bulk shipping.

4 Likes

What is bulk shipping on 13?
When I try to order the max it will allow is 7 cameras for $17.24 shipping. (get’s it down to ~$2.40/camera)

1 Like

It’s a hypothetical situation. Maybe I order:

• 5 x Wyze Cams v2 + 1 x Shipping
  • (5 x $19.99) + $5.99 = $105.94

That’s still $143.06 cheaper than one $249 Nest camera.

Again we may be talking small change but -
If I try to order 5 V2 cams from the Wyze website (Your Shopping Cart – Wyze) they want $14.46 for shipping, not $5.99.

Well, you’re still at least $10 ahead of buying it elsewhere where they offer it with “free” shipping.

:man_shrugging:

:raised_hands:

:walking_man:

What the heck?
How can one be so rass cheap???

If the camera was sold for $2 some people would still find something to complain about.

There is not a thing you could make and sell for that cheap and pay a bunch of people’s salary, host a website, improve product, deal with cheapskates and not go bankrupt

OMG!

3 Likes

This thread reminded me that I needed to buy a camera and memory card.
Amazon with Prime membership “free shipping” and WA St tax: $42.90
Direct from Wyze with shipping and tax: $40.99

I went with direct from Wyze, but if I needed it “next day”, I would have paid the $2 premium for Amazon. My “cheap” brother drove over to their office and saved the shipping! He said it is a friendly chatty environment and glad to have visitors!

1 Like

We do enjoy visitors! But we don’t keep much stock here so we ask that people not come here to pick up products. :slight_smile:

Wow, price is the thing!

You might want to weigh in on this ongoing poll:

The whole thread is well worth perusing and contains Wyze’s dynamite response to customer questions about the security of the the Wyze cam and its supporting systems.

Click here to go to the thread/post where you can vote.

1 Like

[Post removed for violation of the Community Guidelines]

easy answer to your issue… if you don’t think Wyze is worth it then don’t buy it.

that’s assuming you are really serious in this thread.

1 Like