Dirt cup replacement o-ring / gasket

I am sure V2 is in the works. Maybe they also should Include “Rubber Glove” for that 1st Class treatment? I use Speaker Caulk which works well.

What do you think about using super glue to keep the O ring secured?

Here is a flexible ring that appears to work from ETSY

I’d be hesitant to use super glue. Hot melt seems like a safer bet. Or maybe rubber cement. Doesn’t need much…

NO…I would use Double Sided Tape or Hot Stick Glue. If you have the Wyze Night Light :rofl: :rofl: it has Double Sided Tape,

Thanks, I’ll try hot glue

I don’t think that’s a good idea because super glue will etch into the plastic housing. And that’s not cleanable. I would suggest using a silicone and just put a dab on it so that you can easily remove and clean that area.

I feel like I have a mental block on using hot glue, but this is actually a great idea because if you lose your gasket it, You can put a bead of hot glue in the area where the gasket belongs And that will give you a great temporary gasket in the meantime

I honestly don’t know when I lost my gasket, but support is sending me a new one, so that’s the good news.

The bad news is the processing and shipping is slow, so I found a great option that WAS in stock from Amazon. It’s the same type of material, but in the form of a long tube. I just snipped it to fit, and it’s perfect, and makes a tight seal with just enough give to be tight without damaging.

No glue or anything else needed because it’s snug, and if you do lose it, you have 10 feet of it.

.157’’ (4 mm) Buna-N O-Ring Cord Stock, 70A Durometer, 0.157" Thickness, 10’ Piece, Black

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QVB5WZU/

Today my vacuum didn’t seem to have much suction and after checking for the gasket, I discovered it was gone. Ended up finding it after digging in the trash can. This is the 4th time I’ve lost the gasket!

Wyze really needs to redesign this. Considering how frequently the bin has to be emptied, and as a consumer it’s expected that parts shouldn’t fall off into the trash during the normal emptying process.

Come on Wyze, step up and do the right thing by giving us a redesigned part! We shouldn’t have to fix your mistake!

1 Like

I agree I have been months without my vacuum working for months now. Did the same thing lost it in the trash but I couldn’t find it, Now waiting on the part! New design is needed!!

1 Like

Wyze is useless. They create products they refuse to support. Support has had me two months waiting for a new filter and o-ring. Infact they linked me to t his page to find somewhere else to buy it. And to this day they have no information on when they will have it in stock.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting ages for the official ring too, but in the mean time I have been using what I linked above, and it works excellently. If you’re stuck with an unusable vacuum, just head over to Amazon and get it! Here’s the link again: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QVB5WZU/ - .157’’ (4 mm) Buna-N O-Ring Cord Stock, 70A Durometer, 0.157" Thickness, 10’ Piece, Black

2 Likes

We shouldn’t have to pay for a replacement dust bin gasket from someplace else. This is a design flaw and Wyze needs to step up and fix it for free. How the heck did they not see this issue during the testing phase? For crying out loud the gasket falls out the first time you empty the bin. What were they thinking designing a bin where the lid flops open at the bottom and the gasket is not secured in the lid? Common sense would have told them that the gasket needed to be attached securely to the lid.

2 Likes

Common sense would have picked this up(gasket) in a Group Product Panel.

1 Like

I’ve not had any issues with the gasket falling out, but I’ll definitely keep this in mind when I empty the bin from now on.

I found a bulk source of these O-rings and ordered some and am making them available with fast shipping.

Wyze really needs to redesign this or warn new owners, because you can NOT buy the replacement part from them. Facepalm.

1 Like

Wyze to listen to it’s users.
jacobsridge-steve

FYI, I put in a support ticket first week of May with Wyze for a replacement o-ring and they shipped me a replacement.
Looks like they now have the part available now.

1 Like

For sure, I ordered two a while back after they replaced my vac earlier that year. I actually enjoy they vac and I have a Dyson too. The Wyze is used upstairs or for long jobs since I can battery swap :slight_smile: