Dirt cup replacement o-ring / gasket

The Wyze Vac is like driving a Brick and not on the same level to the Dyson ( I have 2). Same here I use the Wyze in the basement and 2nd floor.

I just placed an order on this site. $5.94 for the part but they did not show the shippng charge of $9.21 until after taking my c.c info and and confirming the order.There is not an option to cancel the order. I have sent them a request to do so but I would never buy anything from this dealer. Will order on Amazon. They show the shipping charge if any and taxes before the order is placed and it is easy to cancl or return.

McMaaster-Carr is an old school business (started in 1901) that is set up to sell to other businesses, not consumers. You are not expected to buy anything from this dealer. Stick with Amazon for the consumer experience you’re used to.

Thank you for the advice. I emailed McMaaster-Carr asking them to cancel my order and they confirmed that they will cancel. I have also emailed Wyze to ask if they can send me a gasket.

I emailed Wyze and they sent me a free replacement ring. I dont think thise one would fall off easily while emptying the dust cup.

My two new replacement rings from earlier this year fall off all the time. Once you get a little dirt on them when they get loose, then they come off very easily.

I wonder if using something like putty or Elmer’s Tac 'N Stik or even double sided tape, placed in the gasket groove would hold the gasket in place?

I think I will just make sure that the ring does not fall off when I empty the dirt cup.

I said the same thing until I lost mine to the trash. And I thought I was very careful. :slight_smile:

But clearly Wyze didn’t test emptying it or they would have immediately noticed how frequently the gasket falls out. It’s amazing during the design phase that they had no idea that it would fall out, when the lid swings open to more than 90 degrees. The gasket isn’t held in place by anything, so obviously it would fall out, especially when you might shake the canister, to get all the debris out of it. All they would have had to do was design in a small lip in the lid, to hold the gasket in place.

Thinking about using small hot glue gun. The small ones don’t get very hot and would be easy to pull the gasket off of.

This is what I used on my replaced O-ring gasket.

There’s just nothing built-in to the vacuum canister to prevent it from falling out.

The replacement ring that Wyze sent me does have a lip.I just emptied the cup, tapped on it 20 times, and the ring stayed in place. I think they have changed the design. If you have lost yours in the trash can write to Wyze for a replacement.

I think you will be surprised when you actually get it dirty a couple of times, it will fall out.

Maybe more disappointed than surprised?

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

That lip on the gasket won’t help anything because the lid doesn’t have anything to hold that lip with to keep it in place on the lid. Plus it’s the same lip that’s on the original gasket. Also, that lip is there to make a seal when the lid is closed.

This was my understanding, that they would send you a new gasket.

This one will not fall off. I got a replacement one from Wyze and there is no way it will fall off when one empties the dirt cup.

1 Like

It will fall off as it’s the same gasket, nothing has changed in the design of it. Wait until it’s dirty and then report back. Right now because it’s new and clean, yes it will stay in but once it gets covered in dirt/dust it will slip out when the canister lid is opened.

As soon as it is dirty it will come out.

2 Likes

So if you lost your o ring and your vacuum doesn’t work you can remove the green cover over the filter and the vacuum will work again.