Dirt cup replacement o-ring / gasket

Ace hardware did not carry the correct size. They have lots of O-rings for faucets and smaller items, but non large enough for what is needed here.

I ordered mine.
Wyze needs to source these as a quick order part.

We also accidentally threw ours away when emptying.

Thanks for the link! I just ordered (2) 2-packs assuming Iā€™ll be losing more in the future.

Thanks to the users that linked the O-ring on Amazon and McMaster. Unfortunately I had to pay as much in shipping costs as the O-rings to get a couple of parts so I can continue using the vaccuum.

I did like this enough that I was REALLY considering buying the handheld vac to go along with the cordless one and my robot vac. But now I think Iā€™ll hold off and perhaps wait as this O-ring being able to so easy disappear (Iā€™m sure it fell off on the trash with me never knowing it) just shows that the cost savings of these units can quickly be off set by simple failures that either make you replace the unit completely or have to scrounge to fix it for things that never should have broken in the first place.

Wyze, you need to watch for this type of thing and at a minimum have these things available to order replacements from you.

Just to throw this out there: I really like the handheld vac. It works well and from what I can tell thereā€™s no o ring or gasket to easily fall out like the cordless (I also have the cordless - but my o ring has not fallen out yet). Both vacuums are great, in my opinion even with the gasket/o ring issue.

Good thing I checkā€¦O-Ring in the grassā€¦Even the Cheapest Walmart Vac has the O-Ring part of the assembly. The 1 Bristle is laughable and was designed to keep the battery from running down even further. This will not be replacing any of my 3 Dysonā€™sā€¦Wyze needs to learn from the Best.

Hi All,

For what itā€™s worth, I contacted Wyze the other day about my gasket loss and they are sending me another one under warrantee.

Oh, and the McMaster ones work great too!

Cheers,
John

1 Like

This vacuum is great! Great suction and decent battery life. The aforementioned o-ring is a real problem. I have 2 vacā€™s both have lost the o-ring in the trash. Fortunately, it was discovered before the trash was emptied. Hopefully this will be addressed in Cordless vac 2.0. With a retroactive fix for all 1.0 owners. You can use me for a beta tester on the fix! It would be a great mea culpa statement to send replacement o-rings to all purchasers of record. They ALL need one - or 2 - or 3ā€¦

1 Like

As a Dyson owner alsoā€¦the Wyze Vac is so so. 1stā€¦it does not go flat when you Vac under the bed or table. Having only 2 bristles is cheap as this was designed to save on battery. O-Ring (not fixed to canister) was another $$ saving move.

Well stated. However I have different expectations for a Tesla Model S and a Chevy Volt. I would not buy a Tesla due to cost, even though it might be a superior car. Also not buying a Dyson anything when I can have 2 Wyze vacs, in 2 different houses for $220. Yup, got them on sale.

243 Buna-N O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Square, Black, 4-1/8" ID, 4-3/8" OD, 1/8" Width (Pack of 25)
I think this is the correct rubber ring that will fit the one I have also lost. This is on backorder as soon as they come in I would be willing to share with others. If anyone is interested.

Good to know about the option! So far Iā€™ve managed to find mine each time so Iā€™m good for now. Hopefully wyze the fix the root issue!

Another source

https://www.mcmaster.com/o-rings/dash-number~243/

I have found removing the green filter housing out of the dust cup will restore the suction to full strength. With the housing out of the way, the vacuum can pull the dust trap door up tight again. The only downside is the HEPA filter gets dirty faster because itā€™s exposed, but it is a work around.

Dissappointing! I picked mine out of the garbage a few times, but I guess I missed it last time. Found another option on Etsy, 2-pack for $8, good reviews from others, going to try Wyze Cordless Vacuum Gasket - Etsy

Awesome thanks everyone for their answers. You can get a replacement via Wyze customer support. Anyone find a way to prevent that from happening? Super glue it?

I think I would use a silicone type glue. Could be removed if necessary. A couple spots of hot glue would also seem like a possibility.

Thanks! I ordered a 2 pack from. Etsy.
Great resource here!! I couldnā€™t understand why I had no suction until I read these and i remembered my oring was dangling the first time I used it. Completely forgotten about it and must have list the darn thing.
Since I needed to use it nowā€¦ I simply wrapped a nitrile glove to the bottom part of the cannister which helped create the seal and allow me to continue using my vacuum until this part comes in.
Iā€™m also thinking about putting a dab of silicon on the new o-ring to keep it secure so it doesnā€™t simply fall out. Thoughts?

1 Like

Iā€™ve tugged at mine and it didnā€™t budge. I am an early adopter. But Wyze isnā€™t replacing as needed?

My gasket has disappeared twice now. Instead of simply replacing the gasket, Wyze is replacing the entire vacuum. So this will be our 3rd vacuum when the 2nd replacement comes in. Doesnā€™t seem like a sustainable support model to replace the entire vacuum instead of sending a 50 cent gasket. Itā€™s a bad design to begin with plus a bad choice not to have replacement gaskets available. Iā€™ll be gluing this one in place.

Edit - just got the replacement order notification. Turns out they are replacing just the gasket this time.

2 Likes