Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

I learned on a Univac 90/30

Reel to reel, punch cards…the works. At CalState Fullerton…dang that was a long time ago lol

1 Like

So the update hasn’t posted yet to the Play Store. They are notoriously slow on the posting of an update. I have waited several days before. It has to go thru their QA “safe app” meat grinder first. Most of the time Google Play is days behind the Apple App Store on posting releases.

Keep checking back until it either sends you a Google Play update notification or you see the Update button.

1 Like

Thank you SlabSlayer

1 Like

My app updated overnight :slight_smile:

But it changed my notification tone.

I’ve been unable to locate where in the app I go to return it to the little click sound that I had

Thank you

Ok, I will bite. I now have 2.41. Where did they hide this ability to chang change the notification sounds?

3 Likes

The ability to change the now App driven notification tone is only available in Android and may vary depending on your Android version and the custom Brand OS build for your device. It is not able to be changed in iOS.

• Long press the Wyze App Icon Button
  • Select App Info
  • Select Notifications
  • Select WyzeMessage (there may be multiple, repeat for each)
  • Expand Advanced Menu
  • Select Sound
  • Choose the sound you want.

Alternatively, you can also do this thru the main settings menu:

• Launch the Settings app and tap Apps.
  • Select the app you want to change a notification sound for: Wyze
  • Tap Notifications.
  • Tap WyzeMessage channel. This is the channel used for push notifications Repeat if there are multiple.
  • Tap Sound. It may be in Advanced.
  • Select your desired sound.
2 Likes

@SlabSlayer and Wyze team, we need to set notifications by events. Not just change the sound for all events. With my Android phone using the app MacroDriod, this is working perfectly. I guess this is not the update I expected correct?

1. If a person is detected, I want to use my MP3 that sounds like this person was detected in the front, backyard, or garage.

2. We need a way to separate all these events with different sounds. I do not want a sound when so many vehicles are passing by. So I disabled the Wyse app’s sound notifications, set MacroDriod to sound, and opened the app for that specific event.

1 Like

This “wish granted” is not helpful at all. Android users have had a 3rd party mechanism to change sounds all along.

WHAT ABOUT IOS USERS?

2 Likes

EXACTLY!!!
You thought they would have understood this. This has been on the wish list for years with hundreds of responses.

1 Like

What? They already had a least an option. What about iOS?

So I have updated ti Ver. 2.41 from the play store but have yet found where you can change the individual notification for each camera. or is this just to change the overall app tone which I thought was always available.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. This wishlist topic request was for a single global default notification tone for the Wyze App.

That request is discussed in a separate Wishlist topic:

2 Likes

The ability to change notification tones for apps in Android is a native feature of the Android app. iOS removed that capability for users some time ago. If that feature is desired, iOS is where you need to inquire.

The ability to assign custom notification tones in Android based on the text of the notification received thru use of third party apps is also Android driven as they allow developers to develop apps that will operate on Android. iOS app development is much more restrictive and costly. That is why you do not see those apps from independant developers on iOS. Again, an Apple iOS restriction that has to be addressed to them.

1 Like

I read that Android users can change the app driven notification tone . When will IOS users be able to change the app driven notification tone in the iphone?

1 Like

Yes. This is just for the Global Wyze App notification, which could be changed in the Android settings, but was never previously set by the app. It always used the Android Default if not changed by the user. Now it is set by the app on install. Individual tones by cam is not yet a feature. It is on the wishlist. That wishlist topic discusses the third party apps that can accomplish this on Android.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @1953chevy! :raising_hand_man:

See the post just prior to yours:

@SlabSlayer This fixed it good. Thanks

1 Like

In August of 2022, I wrote:

Don’t say nobody warned you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What third-party app does that?

Thanks

I use MacroDroid. Others use BuzzKill. Still others employ Tasker.

Share MacroDroid Macros for Wyze IoT

Different Notification Sound for EACH Individual Wyze Device AND type of Motion\AI - Workaround for Android Only - Doesn’t work for iPhone

2 Likes