Connectivity with Base Station

Waited until I completed my experiment. I was able to configure & use it with a .100 subnet. Just before leaving the resort, I switched to a .200 subnet. The base came up OK, but the camera wouldn’t connect any more. So, the .200 subnet is definitely the problem. As a network guy, that makes sense. Not sure how I’m going to resolve it at home yet. Maybe set up a VLAN and reserve the different address to the base MAC address.

1 Like

I use a 192.168.64.0 Class C network and have zero issues with the base station. The base station has an IP address of 192.168.64.74 from my router’s DHCP. I really believe your issue is associated with your router configuration. Advise as to your router make and model.

Just wanted to give an update on a similar situation. I was attempting to add the base station with my iPhone with IOS14 and it would not detect the base. Had a solid blue LED, but it would connect to the network and just sit saying “Please Wait”. Tried the addition with my iPad with lower IOS and the addition was almost instant.

For the life of me I could not get my base station to connect using my iPhone (turn cellular data off, disconnected my laptop from VPN, reboot after reboot, forget wifi and start all over, never getting past the required device settings warnings). I found directions to install google play on my Amazon fire where I could then download the Wyze app and within minutes I had the base installed followed by the outside cam. Seems Wyze doesn’t play well with apple (eye roll). Out of the 5 cameras I have I was only able to set up 1 with my iPhone and that was more than 2 years ago, not sure what changed but it’s super frustrating to have to use an android device just for installation.
Here are the instructions for google play if anyone wants to try this. Worked 100% and so fast after install.

Thanks so much for posting this. I couldn’t connect with the base station with my iPhone, but more Amazon Fire Tablet worked great. I like Wyze hardware, but their support is completely lame. They would sell so much more product if they would pay attention to bugs/fixes and customer support.