Combine Events (Sensors, Locks, Cameras, etc.) in the Event Tab

Wyze Home Monitoring: Consolidated Event Timeline

The process for finding, viewing, and reviewing notifications from cameras and sensors is a mess. I can get notifications on my phone about sensor events, but if I want to see them in the app I have to go to the sensor, and then it’s a left/right scrollable list.

This needs to be simplified and consolidated into a single scrollable (I would suggest vertically) timeline of events that shows all arm/disarm, sensor events, camera events, lock events (if you have it), and any other relevant activities.

I would likely put this into the HMS screen, but it could just as easily go on to the Events screen.

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

Oh yes! A single timeline would be awesome. Please make it so.

2 Likes

While you are at it, make this activity tracking for any device. Even the thermostat sees when someone, or something, (a pet) passes by. This might be usefull in monitoring total activity levels in a house or other area.

1 Like

Add activated Sensors name to events list

Add motion and contact sensor names to the events list, even if a camera is not triggered. Easier to track the activations in sequence. Currently, these activations are not listed along with the camera recordings.

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

IF this is implemented, I would prefer it to be done as a user selectable option (Show Sense Events on Events Screen On/Off) so as not to to overwhelm that screen with sense events.

Also, the sense events could be shown in thinner lines where thumbnails aren’t needed.

8 Likes

Agree completely.

I agree that this should be user-selectable, IF it is implemented. My Events log could get unwieldy if it includes events from sensors.

1 Like

Motion Sensor Report

We should have a way to run a report or view Motion Sensor activity in the Events.
The way we can filter the Events section by Camera or a type of motion we need a way to filter by Motion Sensor x or y.
Many people are concerned with personal privacy and the idea of having video cams in a bedroom or bathroom is NOT cool. But what about using a motion sensor to track a person’s movement through a space/home?
Some quick use case examples:

• Know what time or how often someone goes in a specific room or opens the fridge etc
  • Have a light turn on when a kid gets out of bed but then see a report later to know it happens every single night
  • What if you have a sleep walker in the home or think you living alone could be sleep walking?
  • Use a motion sensor as confirmation of activity for added confirmation of video, or maybe a blind-spot between cameras, or even if a camera fails to recognize a person

nearly 4 years later and

2 Likes

This would be great so that we have one place to see all events chronologically instead having to inspect all other devices individually. Currently, the garage door controller events are five levels deep! With all the new product additions, this is becoming more of a necessity than a wish.

1 Like