Clear/Delete Wyze Sense Events List/Log

I thought the events might be stored on the same terms as the camera events, 15 days at AWS. But, maybe not: I installed a Motion Sensor aimed at a door from the outside and a Contact Sensor on that same door more than a week ago (and installed them on the same day). Typically, both sensor types will alert simultaneously. Today, 16 May, the Motion Sensor has events dating to 7 May and the Contact Sensor has events dating to 13 May.

My interest in being able to delete stored Sensor events is to avoid clutter and wasting space on AWS or my own device.

3 Likes

It would be nice if you could clear the list every day if you like

3 Likes

I agree. And, it does not need to be an automatic function. Manual intervention by me is fine.

1 Like

How do you delete the history of the sensor, after a few days it gets quite long

3 Likes

Hi…

This is just crazy not to be able to erase the sensor history. As a 30 year IT professional these sensors should never have been released this way. I have hundreds of old worthless Sensor triggers that are days, weeks, months old just taking up server space and are of no use anymore. I would make this a very high priority and get it fixed as soon as possible, in my environment a few days.

Collectively it is a huge amount of wasted data space for your company and very irritating to your customers who use your Sensors…

I look forward to a quick resolve for your great products and software…

6 Likes

There needs to be some way to delete the old outdated Sensor trigger history. Having several Sensors I have hundreds of old outdated events in the Sensor history. Unlike Video events Sensor history has little to no value after a few days.
I think most users would like to see a filtered delete the same as for regular events as well as an auto delete by day, week, month, etc. This can be incremental as well like 2 days, 5 days, etc. This will clean up a lot of wasted space on the servers and well as in our App not having to look at hundreds of outdated Triggers in our Sensor history.

4 Likes

I am sure that the sensor event logs are taking up some amount of space on my phone. I would like the ability to prune the logs. For example “Clear event log except for the last N days”, where N=0 means clear everything.
It would also be nice to be able to prune all the event logs at once in addition to only the log for a particular device. Thanks for listening.

2 Likes

To have the ability to clear the event logs for the sensors

2 Likes

Everyone , Don’t forget, You must go up to the top left and vote to be counted

3 Likes

Deleting the event’s / activity on the Wyze Contact Sensors and Motion Sensor. My contact Sensors installed on a windows and / or doors are getting a lot of activity.
Each contact sensor and motion sensor has 40 -50 motion detected or open & closed windows which I would like to delete the activity…currently not an option. And the issue is ……?

2 Likes

Before I view an event, the camera name is in bold letters. After I view it, the name is no longer bold. That is how I know which ones I’ve seen before. I just ignore those.

Very true, but I just want to clear the clutter off my screen. I just don’t get how hard it would be to add a button to delete old events.

2 Likes

Everyone.
Don’t forget to go up to the top and vote

1 Like

Yes please consider this feature, it’s just my preference to have a way to do so. Options, options, options, that’s what makes a product good if not great.

2 Likes

I have a motion detector that has numerous events logged, I don’t see how to delete them. With a rule and a camera, it is easy to delete the clips but not so with the motion detector, see attached picture.

2 Likes

@Aggrevated, I have moved your question to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

An option to delete the sensor log for doors and windows. This should work like the events logs allowing you to delete and clean up the sensor log.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to clear my notifications when a door or a motion sensor goes off out of the log it’s just useless to have a whole lot of ones that happen way in the past I’m pretty much OCD and I just want to see the ones basically for the day and or be able to delete the ones I want it’s way too much clutter

1 Like

So even if I resell this and someone else installs the device it’ll load my doorbell history? If you delete the device and reinstall it does it reset it?

1 Like

any updates on this as it has been for years.

I have a bunch of motion sensor v2s and was expecting to be able to delete history like we can on the camera events???

I just moved some sensors to new locations and would like to clear the history. I was expecting that deleting the device and reinstalling it would do a factory reset.

Is there a way to do a factory reset of a motion sensor v2?

Perhaps hold down the reset button for 10 seconds to clear? or an option in the setup to clear history?