Deleting notification both for Sensors and for Cameras

I have my sensor located in a high traffic area and it generates literally hundreds of notifications each day. I would like to be able to scan the notifications daily and then delete them. I’ve not figured out if or when this might be possible

Here’s how to delete a day’s worth of event videos:

1. Go to the Events tab in the app
  2. Select a Date at the top
  3. Tap the three dots icon (…) at the top right
  4. (optionally) Tap Filter to limit to one camera
  5. Tap Delete Events from the (…) menu
  6. IMPORTANT: Scroll the screen all the way to the bottom until no more events are loading
  7. Tap Select All at the lower left
  8. Tap Delete at the lower right and confirm

If you would rather review the log from your computer… Set up a Motion Sensor Detects Motion trigger on IFTTT and have it log the events to a Google Sheets spreadsheet. When you are done reviewing, you can delete the sheet and the next time it is triggered a new one will be created for you.

1 Like

Thank you for the instructions, however, I am referring to the events generated by the motion and or contact sensors…

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate your answer. Although that would work, I am looking for a solution within the Wyze application. After further reading I found that perhaps the next rendition of software updates they may indeed provide a method of easily removing and or scheduling them

@Big_monkey, There isn’t a way to delete the sensor history. But I’m curious: why do you want to be able to do this?

I don’t know, maybe OCD I just am a very organized person who doesn’t like a lot of clutter. It boils down to personal preference I guess

Okay. I think the title including “Camera” was what led to my original answer. If you like, you can re-submit this as a new #wishlist topic with a title like “Ability to Clear Sensor Logs”.

1 Like

Great idea, thank you

@Big_monkey… Somebody already beat you to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to know, at least it is important to more than just me…:wink:

1 Like

I too have OCD because I want my logs cleared. I searched and searched to clear but looks like it will b a future feature. I WANT IT!

I also would appreciate this feature

Well having a few Sensors I have hundreds of old outdated triggers that are of no use whatsoever anymore. They are just taking up space on the servers and clutter up my Sensor history. There should be a way to delete them the same as you can do for events. Additionally there should be a auto delete for them as well 1 day, 1 week, etc. Unlike a video event there is little to no use/value for old Sensor history. I hope they add this Sensor delete feature ASAP, It should have been added into the software when the Sensors were introduced, maybe an oversight but needs to be fixed immediately.